Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ztony Avatar
ztony Gold Member Tony Zorzo
Sydney, NSW, Australia   AUS
Barrie, have you tried any of the 4x4 wreckers or Triumph Rover in South Australia.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
Hi Tony, I've resolved my issue now but yes I have a 4x4 wrecker close by and it was TRS in SA fromwhom I bought the motor. Frustrating as it is it's just one of those things when you're cobbling together a hybrid.

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell (with extensive bodywork to come). Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CC rear attached to Ford FG ute axle. And a whole lot more to yet to come. Stealth is the word.

MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
FWIW IYI a pic of the "modified" sump below - no leaks!

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell (with extensive bodywork to come). Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CC rear attached to Ford FG ute axle. And a whole lot more to yet to come. Stealth is the word.

Attachments:
P1010504.JPG    26 KB
P1010504.JPG

mgv8glen Avatar
mgv8glen Glenn Towery
Dover, Delaware, USA   USA
Barrie, you have the real easy problem fixed, making the oil pan fit the cross member! Now what are you going to do to stop the oil from moving all around in the oil pan in hard turns, stopping & acceleration? With the BIG oil pan you have to stop the oil from moving away from the sump pick up, we put a door in the one I used but I still lost oil pressure at times when auto crossing. If I build a car for me I will not in NO WAY use the oil pan you have, for I put my GT in the turns real hard. How hard you ask??? In my book, if you are not dragging your knee caps & elbows YOUR NOT GOING THAT FAST!!!!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster