Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kinggsport, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 3608692 by NOHOME Maybe a big smoky burnout.

hot smiley hot smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
billymgb1000 Avatar
billymgb1000 Silver Member william gaulin
harrisville, harrisville RI, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB V8 Conversion "Sweet Thing"
YES X10 on the Smokey burnout

Jim Blackwood Avatar
Jim Blackwood * BlownMGB-V8
Gunpowder Rd., USA   USA
YESS!!!!! Big Smokey Burnout!!!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
79mgb302power George Neumann
Goose Creek, south carolina, USA   USA
where’s the video??

madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, florida, USA   USA
wen I get the high stall converter a big smokey burn out will be had. the stock converter locks up @ 500 r.p.m. not to exciting. did pre top fitting today........you get wut you pay for, as in fitment sucks. I cheaped out on the top as this will be a fair weather car meaning I only need a top if I get caught out in the rain. needless to say gonna havta make it work. more to follow soon.

madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, florida, USA   USA
top is on, fitted ok except for 2 fasteners no how no way I can get them on the studs.......no big deal. started looking into hot rod parts as stg.2 will be happening soon. fotos to see.

Attachments:
IMG_2123.JPG    39.5 KB
IMG_2123.JPG

IMG_2126.JPG    48.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_2127.JPG    50.6 KB
IMG_2124.JPG    61.3 KB
billymgb1000 Avatar
billymgb1000 Silver Member william gaulin
harrisville, harrisville RI, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB V8 Conversion "Sweet Thing"
Rich you did an awesome job, she looks great. I know for me the fact that I built the whole car (like you) it just gives me an awesome feeling every time I get in the car. I hope you get the same feeling cause it never gets old. Enjoy her have fun and be safe.

madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, florida, USA   USA
it is such afeeling of joy........taking a bare shell, a shell a junkyard would not want and turn it into a thing of beauty with my own 2 crippled hands and body..............yeah it feels fuckin good, swearing out of joy you understand but now back to business. with the fitment of the top it brings stage 1 of this project to an end. I think I proved without a shadow of a doubt that you don't need a full on fab shop and with simple hand tools YOU can do this, build a nice and reliable car........but that was stg.1. whilst using my baby as I drive the back roads the wheels in my head are planning stage 2. new dashboard gauges, better brakes, high stall converter,bigger cam to match stall speed to name a few. in time the whole car will be refined. buckle up fellow darksiders..........its gonna be a ride. gonna work on my parts list more to come in the near future. I thank each of you who followed along, see you again soon.

slightly modified Avatar
slightly modified Silver Member Chuck Royer
Hayward, California, USA   USA
1964 MG MGB "SLIGHTLY MODIFIED"
THANKS for sharing your adventure! Happy Trails

theonlyiceman53 Avatar
theonlyiceman53 Bill Russell
Florida, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB "Frankenstien"
1977 MG MGB "Wicked"
Great to see your enthusiasm in the build! It looks really great and as you say, you did it all!
Cheers,
Bill

PS. I liked your color so much that I went out and bought my own yeller feller! It's the pale yellow (chartreuse) and the paint is in such good shape that there is no chance of a re-paint.

madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, florida, USA   USA
you meen inca yellow? that was this cars original color

theonlyiceman53 Avatar
theonlyiceman53 Bill Russell
Florida, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB "Frankenstien"
1977 MG MGB "Wicked"
Hi Rich,
I got one that is a pale yellow (chartreuse)with just a touch of green. Only available in later years. I probably wouldn't have considered it if I hadn't seen how good yours looks in yellow. I've always been a CB guy. The black bumpers look really good next to the yellows. Got a really good deal on it as it was in pieces. The stock rebuilt engine runs great and has a better than stock cam in it. The way it runs reminds me of my old 65 from back in the day. No rust so no reason to put a V8 in it.

Cheers,
Bill

Attachments:
Yellow 77.jpg    37.9 KB
Yellow 77.jpg

slightly modified Avatar
slightly modified Silver Member Chuck Royer
Hayward, California, USA   USA
1964 MG MGB "SLIGHTLY MODIFIED"
Bill, pretty funny, NO REASON TO PUT A V8 IN IT? (from a guy with a BBC "B"winking smiley LMAO

madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, florida, USA   USA
my next project might be a MOPAR powered m.g.b.............hhmmmnnn. I can hear all the naysayers now.

madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, florida, USA   USA
a 360 with a six pak.........yeah that il haul ass!!!!!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster