AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Niels Niels Christian Nielsen
Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag, Norway   NOR
1967 TVR Vixen "Little Thunder"
2004 MG ZT
Isn't the EcoBoost the same engine as the Ford and Mazda Duratec engines? If so there is a MGB GT in the UK with a 2.3 in it atleast smiling smiley

Niels

Safety Fast

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
jlozinsk Avatar
jlozinsk John Lozinski
Sofia, Center, Bulgaria   BGR
Yes it is a Ford 2015 till now turbo motor that is 310 HP

John

Hemidavey Dave Rudziensky
Grosse Isle, Michigan, USA   USA
if you are referring to the old Ford 2.3 Pinto and Ranger engines, check on the weight, I think they are very heavy. An aluminum head is available from Eislinger which helps a lot! Also look at height and length. If you want to go this way I can give you dimensions, we have one on display here. As far as durability, they are hard to beat. I've had old ones apart and the mains look almost new. Also its easy to make 200 HP and 300 HP plus is easy with turbos. They are plentiful and cheap.
I used the Mazda Twin cam because it looks cool and is my tribute to the original . The Mazda engine/trans combo is 105 pounds lighter than the original. I weighted both drive trains with our hanging scale, included ALL acessories, intake and exhaust. After weigh in I saved a few more pounds by drilling lightening holes in the engine mount brackets, cut off some around the outside edges and installed an aluminum radiator. Some of the rusty parts are falling off so it get a little lighter each time I drive it...

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Niels Niels Christian Nielsen
Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag, Norway   NOR
1967 TVR Vixen "Little Thunder"
2004 MG ZT
In reply to # 3591150 by Hemidavey if you are referring to the old Ford 2.3 Pinto and Ranger engines, check on the weight, I think they are very heavy. An aluminum head is available from Eislinger which helps a lot! Also look at height and length. If you want to go this way I can give you dimensions, we have one on display here. As far as durability, they are hard to beat. I've had old ones apart and the mains look almost new. Also its easy to make 200 HP and 300 HP plus is easy with turbos. They are plentiful and cheap.
I used the Mazda Twin cam because it looks cool and is my tribute to the original . The Mazda engine/trans combo is 105 pounds lighter than the original. I weighted both drive trains with our hanging scale, included ALL acessories, intake and exhaust. After weigh in I saved a few more pounds by drilling lightening holes in the engine mount brackets, cut off some around the outside edges and installed an aluminum radiator. Some of the rusty parts are falling off so it get a little lighter each time I drive it...

This is the engine-family I was refering to

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Duratec_engine

Niels

Safety Fast

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster