Does anyone know what these are?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

infinity2018 Joe T
Denver, Colorado, USA   USA
I found these bouncing around my trunk and want to put them back where they came from but don't know where that is...

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_20180113_153838.jpg    54.1 KB
IMG_20180113_153838.jpg

IMG_20180113_160138.jpg    54.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
76lucas Avatar
76lucas Gold Member Josh L
Floyd, VA, USA   USA
1978 MG Midget 1500
1979 MG Midget 1500 "Parts Car"
I am not sure about the bracket but I think the second one is part of the emissions system. I circled in red where the same piece seems to be on my car. I believe the one end goes to the valve cover the short leg goes to the carb and the other end hooks to the front charcoal canister but my pic does not show where on the canister it hooks to.

If you never try to do it You will never be able to do it

Attachments:
IMG_20150809_143038301.jpg    59.5 KB
IMG_20150809_143038301.jpg

Steve-in-Florida Avatar
Steve-in-Florida Steve Hill
Orlando, Florida, USA   USA
1974 MG Midget MkIII
1975 MG Midget 1500 "Good Lil' Car"
1976 MG Midget 1500
1978 MG Midget 1500    & more
I think that the bracket in the first picture fits on the alternator, to protect your fingers from the external fan blades.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
infinity2018 Joe T
Oh wow, I've done a little research on both your replies and that's what they both look like. I am in the process of putting all the emissions components back together and was also going to replace the alternator belt today, so today is a great time to put them both on. Thanks guys, this forum is awesome.

Here's a photo of the bracket on the alternator (not my car). Btw, I've noticed in this forum that people can't rip the "power robbing" emissions equipment out fast enough, but I'm all about originality. Except for the wheels that came with the car (and the radio that left gaping holes and chopped wires in the rear deck and dashboard) my car is surprisingly all original.

Attachments:
mg_eng_complete.jpg    68 KB
mg_eng_complete.jpg

Mojan Mojan Norouzi
Fremont, CA, USA   USA
I need one of these alternator bracket, do you know where I can buy them?

infinity2018 Joe T
I've never seen one before I found the bracket in the trunk.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster