Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Windrideror Avatar
Windrideror Carl Rosenburg
Redmond, OR, USA   USA
Thanks Guys, Will be something that I will want to check and correct for before final reassymebly. Don't need to have anything bumping into something else and causing issues.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ice Avatar
ice Gold Member Larry Ice
Lawrenceville, GA, USA   USA
Al, my installation was like Gregg's and like his I think the Rivergate kit mounts the trany lower to avoid having to nudge the bodywork. You haven't done anything to the way the frt of the engine mounts have you?
At any rate looks like you have made a nice correction to cure the problem.......necessity is the mother of invention!

Iceman

Atlanta GA

60 AH MK1
62 AH MKII
67 Midget
71 Midget

anagy66 Avatar
anagy66 Al Nagy
Lititz, PA, USA   USA
Hi Larry, No changes to the front engine mounts, maybe caused by a normal production variation in how the cars were built. Al

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Windrideror Avatar
Redmond, OR, USA   USA
Flywheel is back so I laid it out on the floor with the new Datsun pressure plate and clutch next to it. The one at the bottom is the original one out of the Midget. As can be seen the Datsun set up is somewhat bigger and more robust in its construction.

Attachments:
IMG_20180122_171709_668.jpg    44 KB
IMG_20180122_171709_668.jpg

Windrideror Avatar
Redmond, OR, USA   USA
Progress has been a bit slow. But it is coming along. A few pic's of the modifications to the transmission so that it can be installed into the Midget. Maid the cut out for the oil pump cover in the edge of the transmission case, ground down that ridge along the top of the transmission, took off a portion of the ridge near the bottom bolt holes for access, installed plug in place of backup light switch, hooked up new speedo cable, replaced both front and rear seals, installed new boot around clutch lever arm, and installed the new throw out bearing.
Not sure if I need to drill out the threads in the bottom holes in the transmission. Will need to contact Gerard and ask. I think so as I believe that there will be through bolts install in that location to mate transmission to adapter plate.
Next will be to tear down the engine so that I can install and set up the new cam, lifters, and rockers. Rebuild SU carbs and install.
Goal is to have everything done in time for first car show late in March.

Attachments:
100_0811.JPG    35 KB
100_0811.JPG

100_0812.JPG    30.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
100_0810.JPG    32.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
nassau66 Larry Cross
Browns Mills, NJ, USA   USA
Nice '66. It's even the right color!

Windrideror Avatar
Redmond, OR, USA   USA
Yes Larry, you are correct it is the right color. It is the next project on the to do list. Talked my mom out of it awhile back it was her second husbands car that he had ordered for himself while working a Chevy dealership in White Salmon, Wa. 327 V-8 with a auto trans. Not a number matching car anymore as it is on its second motor. But I don't care and my plan is to keep it very close to stock. Have been picking up parts a little at a time for it.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster