Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jlcoble77 Avatar
jlcoble77 Jeremy Coble
Poplar Bluff, MO, USA   USA
I feel kind of dumb asking this but can you use drum brake hubs with disc brake rotors to do disc brakes on a midget

My car has Factory knockoff and disc brakes I am wanting to convert to the four lug Wheels I know a guy who has a set of the four lug drum brake hubs will they work to put the rotor on the back and run disc brakes

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
halloween Gregg B
Sheridan, WY, USA   USA
As memory serves, kingpins, spindles, hubs are not interchangeable from drum to disc. I don't think even the "dust tubes" will interchange.

mickri Chuck Losness
Squaw Valley, CA, USA   USA
If I understand your question you have found a set of disc wheel drum brake front hubs which would be from an early spridget and want to know if you can replace the drum brake with a disc brake rotor.. According to the Moss web site disc wheel hubs for all years whether drum or rotor use the same front hub. So you should be able to make the switch. But I am a newby to spridgets so what do I know. The more knowledge folks will chime in here on whether or not you can do this.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
66jalopy Avatar
66jalopy Silver Member Phillip Jolliffe
Lake City, FL, USA   USA
I believe the biggest problem is the back axle. The wire wheel one is narrower.

jlcoble77 Avatar
jlcoble77 Jeremy Coble
Poplar Bluff, MO, USA   USA
I found a set of hubs and rotors and ordered them today

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1973 MG Midget MkIII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links