AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

bullrun Nick Arrington
gainesville, Virginia, USA   USA
1953 Austin Somerset ~ For Sale ! ~
1966 MG MGB
1967 MG MGB GT
1973 MG MGB GT
I've seen bits and pieces of info about Crosleys which had Midget or Morris Transmissions fit behind them. Several successful Crosley racers ran this combination. has anyone got any info.on the combination? I cant figure out if they may of used the metal end plate off an 'A' series motor-or which flywheel /clutch is utilized. Some post said the crosley tranny shaft mates to the MG specs. if there is anyone out there who can provide a outline of the procedure it would be most appreciated. Thanks a bunch to any and all that may be aware of the swap.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
KRCaddis Avatar
KRCaddis Gene Johnson
Santa Margarita, CA, USA   USA
1961 Morris Minor Pickup "Morris, Of Course"
Suppose it's possible, but at 26 HP, why. I could see fitting a A series into a Crosley- some of the cars are cute- for a resto-mod. Most were likely tube framed V8 dragsters of the 50-60s. Wikipedia gives some history

ice Avatar
ice Gold Member Larry Ice
Lawrenceville, GA, USA   USA
A 1275 with a 4 spd would make a Crosley pretty peppy! By the time you build an adapter plate for a 4spd and work on the Crosley body as needed you could put in a 1275 with the tranny and prob come out cheaper.

Iceman

Atlanta GA

60 AH MK1
62 AH MKII
67 Midget
71 Midget

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1974 MG MGB GT

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links