AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Northern Midget Avatar
Northern Midget Norm Paterson
Haileybury, ON, Canada   CAN
1961 Morgan 4/4 "Joan"
1968 Fiat 600 "Luigi"
1976 MG Midget MkIV "None Yet"
Does the '76 Midget have a snap on rubber accelerator pedal cover similar to the brake and clutch pedals?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
No, they were just painted black.

btinsley Avatar
btinsley Bishop Tinsley
Atl, GA, USA   USA
1976 MG Midget 1500 "Dino"
I know, right? Although originally designed for heel toe acceleration / braking, a bare scuffed up acc ped always functioned as intended, but always looked unfinished from outside the car.

I solved that many years ago. I got 'em from an MGB Moss catalog. Heel toe preserved, but I think it looks cool too.

Have not had any probs with them as they are all tight.

bishop

you can't trump the amusement of reality

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-10 05:58 PM by btinsley.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20180110_184509.jpg    20.1 KB
20180110_184509.jpg

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
I put a Paddy Hopkirk pedal on mine.

In reply to # 3659687 by btinsley I know, righ? Although originally designed for heel toe acceleration / braking, a bare scuffed up acc ped always functioned as intended, but always looked unfinished from outside the car.

I solved that many years ago. I got 'em from an MGB Moss catalog. Heel toe preserved, but I think it looks cool too.

Have not had any probs with them as they are all tight.

Attachments:
IMG_3025.JPG    57.5 KB
IMG_3025.JPG

littlecars Avatar
littlecars David Bassett
Nashville, TN, USA   USA
1965 Chevrolet Corvair "Ski Team Transport SOLD!"
1965 MG Midget MkII "Buffoon"
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Tamara's Turd... SOLD!!!"
1974 MG Midget MkIII "Poupon"    & more
You guys with 1500s and hanging gas pedals are a funny bunch. smiling bouncing smiley FYI for the pedal mounted on the floor of earlier cars, it wasn't painted black it was steel clad in vulcanized rubber that wasn't replaceable like the clutch and brake pedals.

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
David,

The old style pump organ pedal is replaceable. Moss has them available. And a lot of us have the hanging pedal in older cars - mine in the photo above for example. smileys with beer

In reply to # 3660005 by littlecars You guys with 1500s and hanging gas pedals are a funny bunch. smiling bouncing smiley FYI for the pedal mounted on the floor of earlier cars, it wasn't painted black it was steel clad in vulcanized rubber that wasn't replaceable like the clutch and brake pedals.

tomshobby Avatar
tomshobby Tom Smith
Windsor, WI, USA   USA
Rick,
The replacement pedal I got from Moss is a remade original pedal that had the rubber removed and looks to then have been sand blasted and the rubber remolded on that old pedal. Nothing was done to protect the metal part from rust. Seems to me to be a rather cheaply made part.

Tom Smith
1974 Midget
1976 TR6

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Probably came from China pre-rusted.

In reply to # 3660095 by tomshobby Rick,
The replacement pedal I got from Moss is a remade original pedal that had the rubber removed and looks to then have been sand blasted and the rubber remolded on that old pedal. Nothing was done to protect the metal part from rust. Seems to me to be a rather cheaply made part.

littlecars Avatar
littlecars David Bassett
Nashville, TN, USA   USA
1965 Chevrolet Corvair "Ski Team Transport SOLD!"
1965 MG Midget MkII "Buffoon"
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Tamara's Turd... SOLD!!!"
1974 MG Midget MkIII "Poupon"    & more
In reply to # 3660095 by tomshobby Rick,

Kinda the reason a decent, used pump organ pedal is the first thing I take off any Spridget I'm disassembling for parts. I've also sort of "re-vulcanized" and straightened one at home, not to much success but it worked.

Chas 906 Avatar
Chas 906 Chuck Peterson
Iron Mountain, MI, USA   USA
1961 MG Midget MkI "Little Red Rider"
Bishop, looks like your MG logo pedals are mounted via screws, correct? I like the look!

btinsley Avatar
btinsley Bishop Tinsley
Atl, GA, USA   USA
1976 MG Midget 1500 "Dino"
Allen screws actually. Too bad the pix isn't great. Looks a lot better than I captured.

bishop

you can't trump the amusement of reality

Chas 906 Avatar
Chas 906 Chuck Peterson
Iron Mountain, MI, USA   USA
1961 MG Midget MkI "Little Red Rider"
I'll see if I can find them in Moss. Thanks.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster