Midget Steering wheel

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

padutchmidget Richard W
Landisville, PA, USA   USA
Hello all, Happy New Year! I was wondering if anyone here ever purchased one of the Volante steering wheels? I like the Tourist Trophy and Moto Lita wheels but they are a bit pricey and the wife was not thrilled when I told her my rebuilt rib case was going to cost $1000. Anywhere I can save a little will help. I can get a leather Volante wheel off the Bay for $139 complete.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ingmarB ingmar B
groningen, groningen, Netherlands   NLD
I have this in my car.
https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/springalex-13-traditional-steering-wheel-with-leather-rim-s33sp-b-lb
not from this vendor, hope this gives you an alternative. Though with postage and exchange rates it is not that much cheaper.

padutchmidget Richard W
Thanks for the input. I was looking at those also on ?bay. I liked them but I was looking to keep the wheel flat not dished like those. The Moto Lita and Tourist Trophy seem to be flat not dished and I like the look of the T spoke arrangement over Y.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
maraud Avatar
maraud Gold Member Sean K
Longwood, FL, USA   USA
I just installed this one and it looks great. I ended up putting the wheel behind the black hub and added a steel ring the the front. That puts the wheel about 1/3"-1/2" closer to the dash giving me a tad more room which is nice.
14" Leather Wheel

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-09 10:29 AM by maraud.

davester Avatar
davester Dave Diamond
Berkeley, California, USA   USA
1965 Austin-Healey Sprite
1971 MG MGB GT "Dad's Car" ~ For Sale ! ~
In reply to # 3658909 by padutchmidget ... the wife was not thrilled when I told her my rebuilt rib case was going to cost $1000.

There's your problem right there!

padutchmidget Richard W
Don't think she will buy I took out the motor and transmission to clean it LoL!

200mph Avatar
200mph Platinum Member Mike Joy
Winston-Salem, NC, USA   USA
You have a PM

padutchmidget Richard W
Thanks for the input, but as I stated in my PM finding a used rib case that is known to be in good quiet working order has been difficult. I have been talking to John at Quantumechanics for a while now and I feel like he knows his stuff.

padutchmidget Richard W
ingmarB ingmar B
groningen, groningen, Netherlands   NLD
my steering wheel is flat, simply another version of springalex. I need every bit of space there is in the car, having a dished wheel would be a big mistake on my part.

1974MGMidget Avatar
1974MGMidget Silver Member Jack Orkin
Grayson, Georgia, USA   USA
You did notice they want $39.95 shipping? Maybe that is still cheaper than the other wheels you looked at.

padutchmidget Richard W
ingmarB I agree the wheel needs to flat. We don't need the wheel to be any closer to us in these cars!

Jan Kruber Avatar
Ballerup, Copenhagen, Denmark   DNK
Richard
I too found the Moto Lita a little pricey, so I bought a 13" Volante, polished with nice fat black leather. I bought the flat one which gives a little more space behind the wheel, giving me a more comfortable riding position. I'm very pleased with it, it looks very good too. It fits the Moto Lita boss and was very easy to assemble.
Going down to 13" is not at all a problem, the wheel is still very easy to turn and no problems with the handling.
Jan

In reply to # 3658909 by padutchmidget Hello all, Happy New Year! I was wondering if anyone here ever purchased one of the Volante steering wheels? I like the Tourist Trophy and Moto Lita wheels but they are a bit pricey and the wife was not thrilled when I told her my rebuilt rib case was going to cost $1000. Anywhere I can save a little will help. I can get a leather Volante wheel off the Bay for $139 complete.

Mightymidget

padutchmidget Richard W
Jan, Thanks for the reply, I didn't think 13" would be bad but I wasn't sure how nice they are. Going by Ebay photo they look good close to the Moto Lita but less than half the price!

Jan Kruber Avatar
Ballerup, Copenhagen, Denmark   DNK
Richard
looked for an image of my car with the Volante wheel installed, could only find this, gives an idea of the over all appearance though smiling smiley
Jan

In reply to # 3659580 by padutchmidget Jan, Thanks for the reply, I didn't think 13" would be bad but I wasn't sure how nice they are. Going by Ebay photo they look good close to the Moto Lita but less than half the price!

Mightymidget

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-11 02:05 AM by Jan Kruber.

Attachments:
IMG_0342.JPG    54.2 KB
IMG_0342.JPG

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster