AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Yikes!!
  This topic is about my 1962 Austin-Healey Sprite
NelsonW Silver Member Nelson W
Medina, OH, USA   USA
1962 Austin-Healey Sprite "Little Mo"
It is hard to believe that 56 years go today I drove Little Mo away from Donald Healey's dealership in England as a proud new owner. Don't know how many more anniversaries I will be able to celebrate as I turned 80 myself just a couple of weeks ago. Right now I'm looking forward to a break in the weather to be able to get back into the garage. My new GPS conversion for my speedometer is ready to be installed but not with the winter temperatures that Ohio is having. Hoping to attend some of the 60th Sprite events this year.

Original owner
1962 Sprite "Little Mo"

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
GeorgeOhr Nonya Business
Yes, confused, USA   USA
Cool, I wonder who the "oldest" original ownership here is?

infinity2018 Joe T
Denver, CO, USA   USA
It wouldn't be me, I've never bought a new car in my life, because I could never afford one....

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Medina, OH, USA   USA
At the time I was earning about $170 a month as an airman. I paid $1255 for Little Mo. Then I paid several hundred to get it shipped from Liverpool to Philly. I was still making payments when I got to the States after having the car for almost a year.

Original owner
1962 Sprite "Little Mo"

littlecars Avatar
littlecars David Bassett
Nashville, TN, USA   USA
1965 Chevrolet Corvair "Ski Team Transport SOLD!"
1965 MG Midget MkII "Buffoon"
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Tamara's Turd... SOLD!!!"
1974 MG Midget MkIII "Poupon"    & more
Do they let you keep the original UK license tag in the state of Ohio? I think that is the coolest part on your car!

Medina, OH, USA   USA
I am registered as a Historic Vehicle. This allows me to have a year of manufacture plate in the rear and no front plate requirement. BTW when I was picking the car up I watched the mechanic make the two plates that I used while in England. He put the characters through holes in the plates and then melted the tabs with a grungy old soldering iron.

Original owner
1962 Sprite "Little Mo"

Medina, OH, USA   USA
Here is my 1962 Ohio plate and my original British plate.

Original owner
1962 Sprite "Little Mo"

Attachments:
DSCF7467.JPG    110.8 KB
DSCF7467.JPG

License plate 002.jpg    64.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
License plate 001.jpg    53.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
MG47484 Avatar
MG47484 Mike B
Lima/Aston, PA, USA   USA
1963 Chevrolet C10 "My White Work Horse!!" ~ For Sale ! ~
1975 MG Midget MkIII "Young Marine’s Weekend Pass!"
2005 Nissan Frontier V6 4WD "The Silver Ghost"
2009 Subaru Legacy "Wife's Slave"
OK,
What do you can an original owner??

The first owner or someone who buys it in the year it's first year?

Why I ask is my Mom picked her car as the Official 2nd owner in 1978 from someone who had the car 3 or 4 months and did not like it!! (What must have been a NUT JOB??)

Backing up some, She Loved mine so much I has to steel it back from her the year before !! YES True !! I gave it to her when I went to Boot Camp (USMC Simper FI) - Not to my Dad for He was know to race TC's and TD back in the 50's !! He's a founding member of the SCCV - Sports Car Club of Vermont !!

Well Mom still has hers and many things have changed - for I am not the Maintaince Chief today My Dad give this job up a few year back - My Mom turns 85 this year and owned her 77 MGB from 1978 to Today -

Over the years a few thing have changed:
Webber Carb went on and headers and a few trick the old man did here and there. She put a Roll bar in mine before I got it back - and One in hers too!! I will not forget getting a ride with her to pick up a replacement light switch - we walked in and - One of the Parts guy - said " I taking a break now, Its the lady who buys the roll bars is here!!" I got to the counter and his buddy asked " are you with her? "Why yes, she my mom . . . and I need a . .. ."

Later when she moved the " Winkers " had to come off !! WHY !! - She was part of the Rescue squad and had some 6 inch RED "Winker lights" in the Grill - Looked much like a BUG EYE !!
All the fenders are Flared out and fiberglass - Light and Quick - They were fun - Car going slow - Watch this !! No hold my beer - you best tighten them belts!!

Top - What TOP - It's Hard top or Top Less - Mostly TOP LESS she is in VERMONT and there are a few weeks of the year you want the Top - Now, the car get to hibernate winters only the last few - Else the Old Man would be putting her on the ICE - By the way they went threw 5 other MGB but her's is the one that still around and running today - Mine well it's here needing work after giving to my Dad when I moved to Calf - He has now given it back to me - she need help and I need some help with her too.

Mike

baloo Avatar
baloo Silver Member s y
Louisville, KY, USA   USA
In reply to # 3658570 by NelsonW At the time I was earning about $170 a month as an airman......

Where were you stationed in England?

Medina, OH, USA   USA
Half of my time was at South Ruislip near London and the rest off my tour was at RAF Fairford.

Original owner
1962 Sprite "Little Mo"

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster