Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

rhodyspit75 Avatar
rhodyspit75 Ernie Connor
Cumberland, RI, USA   USA
Sounds like a misunderstanding. If it’s a good fender and you need/want it you still got it below asking. I would just pay up and move on.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
G0Bigred JD Wyborny
Winterville, NC, USA   USA
1976 MG M-Type Midget "The Midge"
Ok I am not seeing where it says packing fee. If thats the case I will pay and move on.

NYCCharlie Avatar
NYCCharlie Charles Linn
Lawrence, KS, USA   USA
He's in my area, and a reasonable guy.

I think this is a crating charge, and personally if it is only $20 I don't think it is unreasonable. It takes a LOT of time and material to pack a fender properly, and getting it to the shipper is also a hassle. The WORST part of selling anything on eBay is getting stuff ready for shipping. And, if you aren't happy with this when you get it, and send it back he is going to be way underwater on the deal particularly if you don't pack it well and it is damaged on the way back.

If it is $40 under asking you are still getting a deal. When I bought front brake assemblies from him a few years ago he didn't come down nearly as much as that for me, and I went and picked them up! He didn't even have to pack 'em!

You could also call him: Foreign Car Enterprises, (816) 471-6687. His name is Craig, I think.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-04 06:58 PM by NYCCharlie.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
woodstock1 jim jensen
cleveland, USA   USA
bob- correction- a seller cannot give negative feedback.....he could file for an unpaid purchase just to annoy JD........if it is the red sprite fender you bought....then it must go freight......yeah, a crating charge would apply if he mentioned it.........best to pay him----the charge is legal.......if you think it is too high, then do not pay......but be prepared for a no pay strike on your ebay account.......you are allowed 3 in 18 months, I think.....jim

smokey1971 Avatar
smokey1971 Les Boardman
St. Petersburg, FL, USA   USA
I have purchased items from this seller on several different occasions and I was always happy with the parts and the service.

G0Bigred JD Wyborny
Thanks for the feedback. I will pay today. Just was confused by the $20 charge.

littlecars Avatar
littlecars David Bassett
Nashville, TN, USA   USA
1965 Chevrolet Corvair "Ski Team Transport SOLD!"
1965 MG Midget MkII "Buffoon"
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Tamara's Turd... SOLD!!!"
1974 MG Midget MkIII "Poupon"    & more
I've dealt with forcarent and chose the local pick up option because I was driving through Kansas City/St Louis area. I only paid the offer price. They are honest folks, part out lots of British cars and have lots of everything. Sometimes their prices skirt the upper reaches of "too much" unless you opt to pick the items up locally. I always thought the seller had to accept your offer before asking for any more money. I've also purchased from a Tennessee company that offers free shipping on everything but been hit with state sales tax which isn't mentioned in most of their auction listings.

Worst case, call forcarent and express your disappointment. (?) confused smiley

MGISME Avatar
MGISME Michael Gowiski
Silverton, OR, USA   USA
Forcarent recent fender sold listing clearly states $20 dollar handling fee.

MG Midget, Austin Healey Sprite, Original Lt Front Fender, !! Below is the link to the sold listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MG-Midget-Austin-Healey-Sprite-Original-Lt-Front-Fender-/292359305581?hash=item4411f8f96d%3Ag%3ArbIAAOSwz3lZeRVW&vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=mCxZ9Nqta%252Fa6sDVABLpHeURdq6Q%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

G0Bigred JD Wyborny
My mistake I have paid for the item. I did not see that note initially.

woodstock1 jim jensen
cleveland, USA   USA
yeah.....although I do not approve of extra 'handling charges'.......best to pay as you did........jim

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster