Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

G0Bigred JD Wyborny
Winterville, NC, USA   USA
1976 MG M-Type Midget "The Midge"
I have a question about purchasing an item off of ebay that I am hoping to get some advice on. The seller accepted a bid for a left fender for an mg midget at about $40 below asking price. When I went to pay the next day he added a $20 seller charge on top of the shipping. I have messaged him to ask what the charge is for with no reply. I then asked him to cancel the transaction with no response. Has this happened to anyone else? I don't think a seller should just be able to add random additional charges.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
66jalopy Avatar
66jalopy Silver Member Phillip Jolliffe
Lake City, FL, USA   USA
I only buy/sell through Ebay and PayPal, Ebay does the billing, PayPal gets your money. Only way to be protected. Contact Ebay, they should be able to help. Never send money to anyone but PayPal, you have no protection.

PeterC Avatar
PeterC Platinum Member Peter Caldwell
Madison Wisconsin, USA   USA
Was it an auction? or a Buy it now? If you haven't paid any money, walk away.

Peter C

Member Services:
Supplying New Old Stock parts for all imports. A LARGE quantity being loaded to our EBAY store stores.ebay.com/worldwideimportautoparts Rebuilding lever shock absorbers for British cars. (800)362-1025 M-F 9-5 Central or parts@nosimport.com
G0Bigred JD Wyborny
It was it a buy it now and I chose the make an offer option. Have not paid anything.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
66jalopy Avatar
66jalopy Silver Member Phillip Jolliffe
Lake City, FL, USA   USA
Sound like it was a buy it now/make offer deal. I sold 3 things this month like that,

Rotaglide Avatar
Rotaglide Gold Member Eric Z
Kressbronn, BW, Germany   DEU
1960 MG MGA 1600 "Zoey"
Perhaps he does charge you the sales tax?

Are you in the same state as the Item?

Genomic Location for MGA Gene:

Chromosome:15
Start:41,621,224 bp from pter
End:41,773,081 bp from pter
Size:151,858 bases
Orientation: Plus strand

PeterC Avatar
PeterC Platinum Member Peter Caldwell
Madison Wisconsin, USA   USA
In reply to # 3656350 by G0Bigred It was it a buy it now and I chose the make an offer option. Have not paid anything.

Ah.... it seems he didn't completely accept your offer.......

Member Services:
Supplying New Old Stock parts for all imports. A LARGE quantity being loaded to our EBAY store stores.ebay.com/worldwideimportautoparts Rebuilding lever shock absorbers for British cars. (800)362-1025 M-F 9-5 Central or parts@nosimport.com
G0Bigred JD Wyborny
No he accepted and sent me an email confirmation with an invoice.

dte948 Avatar
dte948 DAVE ENSIGN
CLAVERACK, NY, USA   USA
1961 MG Midget Conversion "MIDGET Aka Woodie"
I would report him to ebay. Unless you really need the fender, but can U trust a crook.

Midgets arn't hard to fix, there just easy to break!

75RD350 Kent Q
Sacramento, CA, USA   USA
Any mention of "seller charge" or other additional fees in the ad? I've have maybe 300+ ebay transactions so not a lot compared to some folks but haven't seen that one pop up yet.

Rotaglide Avatar
Rotaglide Gold Member Eric Z
Kressbronn, BW, Germany   DEU
1960 MG MGA 1600 "Zoey"
Who was the seller?

Genomic Location for MGA Gene:

Chromosome:15
Start:41,621,224 bp from pter
End:41,773,081 bp from pter
Size:151,858 bases
Orientation: Plus strand

200mph Avatar
200mph Platinum Member Mike Joy
Winston-Salem, NC, USA   USA
Report him to eBay.

Unless such a charge is specifically noted in the listing...

"Have you ever thought... Everyone driving slower than your MG is a MORON, everyone driving faster must be a FREAKING IDIOT!". . . George Carlin

G0Bigred JD Wyborny
seller is forcarent. No documentation on extra charges. He only has one negative review which is strange.

74GTBob Avatar
74GTBob Bob Riebli
Ephrata, WA, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB GT
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB GT
Just went on to E-Bay and looked up the seller forcarent . 8071 transactions with a 99.9% positive feedback. The adds on MG midget fenders all stated $89.99 - $109.99 shipping and $20 packing fee. I think that you bought the fender and owe what the invoice is for unless you want a negative feed back. That is my thoughts on your question.

75RD350 Kent Q
Sacramento, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 3656419 by 74GTBob Just went on to E-Bay and looked up the seller forcarent . 8071 transactions with a 99.9% positive feedback. The adds on MG midget fenders all stated $89.99 - $109.99 shipping and $20 packing fee. I think that you bought the fender and owe what the invoice is for unless you want a negative feed back. That is my thoughts on your question.

Just saw that too and on another ad for a fender, while it doesn't list the $20 charge, it does state "Buyer is responsible for all shipping and crating charges."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-04 03:16 PM by 75RD350.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster