Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

pinkyponk Avatar
pinkyponk Gold Member Adrian Page
Berwick, NS, Canada   CAN
Sounds fine but float levels are non critical in SU carbs. As long as the level isn't so high that it dribbles out if you park on a hill you'll be fine. There is a long article on the Burlen(SU) site on how SU's work that you should read. It was written by a Mr. Knight, I believe.

Adrian

Home built Eaton M62 Supercharger with 9psi boost, "stock" high ratio rocker arms, 8:1 compression, Piper 270 cam, ported head, matched manifolds, CB Performance computerized ignition.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Poundingsand Avatar
Poundingsand Silver Member Peer Ebbighausen
Los Angeles, CA, USA   USA
Thanks Adrian, the Burlen site has a lot of good info. I read some and printed the rest.

As for my carbs, they are AUD 404s. I trust this wont be an issue as the '67 calls for a different model (AUD266 maybe?). I am guessing not since the displacement is the same and I believe they use the same weight springs? I can't tell if the jet needle sizes were different, however.

matmire Avatar
matmire Matt Meyer
Studio City, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 3659253 by Poundingsand I believe they use the same weight springs? I can't tell if the jet needle sizes were different, however.

Peer, I believe Blue springs were the standard across nearly all spridget HS2 specs. As far as needles... your 404 uses spring biased needles, and the original '67 HS2 would have used fixed needles, so matching the needles to the original spec isn't really an option without other modifications.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
matmire Avatar
matmire Matt Meyer
Also, what kind of air filters are you using?

Poundingsand Avatar
Poundingsand Silver Member Peer Ebbighausen
Los Angeles, CA, USA   USA
I have the little pancake filters. I believe thw original needles were AN and I ordered the AAC. I know the mounts are different but I am wondering how the profile differ...

matmire Avatar
matmire Matt Meyer
There used to be a fantastic needle profile comparison tool here. Sadly, it looks like it's going to be down for a little while as he modernizes the site.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster