AutoShrine Sponsor

spikemichael Avatar
spikemichael Platinum Member Michael Caputo
Ocean Shores, WA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB "Freebie"
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Spike"
1979 MG MGB "MegaBeanie"    & more
I was in the produce stand the other day wearing an MG jacket (I have several) and the lady behid the counter asked me about my jacket. we got to talking, she was a Midget owner. I told her about the MGE and other stuff. Nice lady. Big MG booster.

Then in the post office two towns over the lady in line behind me asked me what kind of MG I had, she said "Oh, I had a Midget for 20 years. Loved that little car..." and we talked for about 30 minutes about everything from following trucks up hills to the woeful late carburetors, hers was a yellow '77.

It got me to thinking.
the Midget guys don't typically see what's up over on the MGBGT forum. I am sticking my neck out to let you know about something I made since they are MG logoed not MGB logoed. Yup they are in the Vendor Market forum too.
I don't want to feel guilty when the Midget PMs of "I wish I knew you had those..." arrive.

So, one shot, here it is,
Merry Christmas.

There are 17 gunmetal finish left at www.mgbcalendar.com as of midnight 12/2.

Michael J. Caputo
'79 RBB and '73 CBB owner with extensive experience in 12v Audio System design and installation.
Vendor of Regalia and Promotional Products. Forum Member with a warped sense of humor.

Member Services:
Pre-Order NOW for shipping in early December! Call me at 978-249-5760 PST for help with your Weber DGV Carburetor, questions about the calendar or just to talk MGBs!
rsvmgb1974 Avatar
rsvmgb1974 Silver Member Robert Vining
Capon Bridge, Capon Bridge, USA   USA
Glad to see you finally made it over here Michael. I participate in both forums.

Love the story and the product. Heading over to the Vendor Market.

Bob

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
spikemichael Avatar
spikemichael Platinum Member Michael Caputo
Ocean Shores, WA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB "Freebie"
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Spike"
1979 MG MGB "MegaBeanie"    & more
I just don't know much about the Midget and with a 7'2" son that rides with me in the B often enough the midget just seemed a trifle smaller than practical... as if the B is practical!
It is a blast when I get my 6'2" out of the driver's side and people smile at me; then Pete gets out the other side and the windshield doesn't come to his crotch.

Michael J. Caputo
'79 RBB and '73 CBB owner with extensive experience in 12v Audio System design and installation.
Vendor of Regalia and Promotional Products. Forum Member with a warped sense of humor.

Member Services:
Pre-Order NOW for shipping in early December! Call me at 978-249-5760 PST for help with your Weber DGV Carburetor, questions about the calendar or just to talk MGBs!
AN5L8016 Avatar
AN5L8016 Mark Haynes
Nederland, Colorado, USA   USA
Mike- I get the looks when I pull up in my '58 Sprite with the hood up, and step my 6' frame out, people always ask how I contort to get in, and I tell them its not hard, just a matter of finding the right order of moves and they look at me funny again smiling bouncing smiley

'58 Bugeye
'05 Mini Cooper S

halloween Gregg B
Sheridan, WY, USA   USA
My old boss used to call Spridgets "condom cars".

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1979 MG MGB V8 Conversion

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links