AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Andrzej123 Avatar
Andrzej123 Gold Member Andrew Hejnar
Brockville, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1979 MG Midget MkIII "Chocolate Mousse"
I'm trying to get the heater blower to work on my 1979 Midget 1500. The blower works when connected directly to battery. I replaced the switch, but the blower doesn't work when I turn it on with ignition on.

Can someone share wiring diagram and give me some pointers?

Thanks in advance

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
76lucas Avatar
76lucas Gold Member Josh L
Floyd, VA, USA   USA
1978 MG Midget 1500
1979 MG Midget 1500 "Parts Car"
Lets get the basic stuff first. Do you have a test light? Have you checked the fuses? There are only two wires to the fan motor a Green and yellow power and black ground wire. So let's start there First check and clean all ground wires since that is a pretty common problem on older cars. If that does not work unplug the green and yellow wire near the fan motor turn the fan switch on just like you would to operate it and using a test light make sure your getting power that far. If not go to the switch there should be a green and pink wire check and see if you have power there. If so check that there is power coming out of the switch that wire is also green and yellow. If the switch has power going out than go to the two connectors under the drivers side dash and check the wire there to make sure power is present on both sides of the connector. If not clean the connector in fact clean it when you do the grounds. If the green pink wire does not have power than do the same go back to the connector and check for power there (it's the same connector) If not than you need to check it coming out of the fuse box. I have a pic of the wiring diagram showing the fan and switch they are #64 motor and 65 switch. It's a simple two wire fan so there can't be that much wrong with it.

If you never try to do it You will never be able to do it

Attachments:
20171012_205103.jpg    46.3 KB
20171012_205103.jpg

Andrzej123 Avatar
Andrzej123 Gold Member Andrew Hejnar
Brockville, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1979 MG Midget MkIII "Chocolate Mousse"
Thanks Josh, much appreciated.

It turned out that the heater blower switch I bought (brand new Lucas) didn't work. It had some gooey stuff inside and terminals corroded. I took it apart, cleaned it, and everything works. smileys with beer

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster