MGExp

MG Midget Forum

Tires. I know this has been beaten to death here, but.........

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

rsvmgb1974 Avatar
rsvmgb1974 Silver Member Robert Vining
Capon Bridge, Capon Bridge, USA   USA
Moss has them. You may find other vendors too.

https://mossmotors.com/mg-midget-austin-healey-sprite/wheels-tires/minilite-style-bolt-on-wheels-3

I had them on my '74 Midget and they presented no problems.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Midgies Dad Avatar
Midgies Dad Ben M
York, Maine, USA   USA
I had bought and installed new tires 10 years ago on my '69 Midget (wire wheels, 4 inches wide), and last year the tread was still very good but the tires were drying out and the ride was rough -- the tires were almost solid and didn't grip the road that well any more. I replaced them with 155/80R13 Uniroyal Tiger Paws and the ride and roadholding improved significantly. Original steel wheels on your '62 are 3.5 inches wide; the 145's will be OK on them, but I haven't heard good things about the Coker Firestones (but I haven't had any myself, so it's hearsay).

Mojan Mojan Norouzi
Fremont, CA, USA   USA
175/70/13 o my 71 no issue.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
rsvmgb1974 Avatar
rsvmgb1974 Silver Member Robert Vining
Capon Bridge, Capon Bridge, USA   USA
Curious. When I look up most of the tire sizes mentioned here on Amazon I get a banner that reads - "This item does not fit your MG Midget." Tire rack too.

Midgies Dad Avatar
Midgies Dad Ben M
York, Maine, USA   USA
That's because they have a computer telling them the one size that's supposed to fit, but they don't have the real life data from numerous actual users who know from experience what fits.

miamimini Carlos Hernandez
Palmetto Bay, Florida, USA   USA
Thanks for replies. Think I'll try the 155/80R13 Uniroyal Tiger Paws. Looks like Amazon has them and local Tire Kingdom might - which would make installation easier (assuming they still have equipment that works on my tiny rims).

Thanks!

Carlos

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster