Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
Here is the latest from the guys planning the event...

Sprite Midget 60th Anniversary
September 14-18, 2018
Elkhart Lake / Road America ELVF VSCDA Event
(revised August 29, 2017)
The following is a summary of what is planned and needed. This event is a Race Car Street Car Event with special displays and race group. This is a rough draft, but I wanted to get it out so everyone can assist and promote what will be a one of the best Sprite events held. Wherever Sprite is used in the following automatically includes MG Midgets.
1. Race Cars
1.1. We will have many group 2 race sessions including an exclusive 60th Sprite Midget Race with over 30 Spridgets expected.
1.2. Broader Classifications – we will expand our 8 classification Sprite Midget Race format with the hopes of including current SCCA Spridgets and other classes where needed.
1.3. Special Paddocking near turn 5 for race cars and will encourage using canopies altogether to make it more spectator friendly with access to your trailers and hardware nearby.
1.4. Gathering On The Green Concours
2. Street Cars
2.1. An exclusive Sprite Midget Paddock area near race Spridgets
2.2. A special package that will include: special paddock space, Road America track touring, Banquet, Reenactment of Elkhart Lake Street Course and display in downtown Elkhart.
2.3. You can also apply to the Gathering on the Green Concours where we will have 20 openings for Street Sprites, Race Sprites, Special Bodied Sprites and Big Healeys.
3. Saturday Night Dinner / Banquet - This will be a special night with Road & Track Magazine’s Peter Egan. Peter as many of you know has been entertaining us for years with his Sports Car humor along with starting his racing in a Bug Eye Sprite. In addition we can have more historical information focused on Sprite Racing for that evening as a fill in.
4. Support – We are needing support in the following categories, registration (probably held Thursday night for special street car packages), paddock assistance (Saturday and Sunday), popular vote for Sprites (Saturday Race and Street), honoring past Sprite Racers with a special focus on SCCA National Champions.
5. Regalia – We will be having special regalia labeled with 60th reunion
6. Promotion – We will be rolling out more details to our race series distribution along with other publications.
Please contact Stan at StanBMason@AOL.com for additional information as we progress

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
S1 Elan Kurt. Appley
Akron, Ia., USA   USA
Rick, I assume this is being held along with a regularly scheduled vintage event?? or is it just Spridget's? At any rate, I will plan to attend though I wish it were a little earlier in the year. Should be fun to watch some of the guys I'm familiar with duke it out and I would enjoy hearing Peter Egan. He's about the only reason I've picked up a Road and Track mag for many years. Wisconsin is a plus as well.

Kurt.

AmishIndy Avatar
AmishIndy Seth Jones
Glendale Heights, IL, USA   USA
1971 MG Midget MkIII "Guenevire"
2007 Mazda 3 "Porco Rosso"
I want to go so bad.

Seth Jones

1971 MG Midget

www.SpridgetGuru.com

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
trevorwj Avatar
trevorwj Trevor Jessie
Louisville, KY, USA   USA
We need some street spridget guys to step up and offer some tech sessions and a gymkhana or at least a funkhana.

Midget 50th - A Spridget Event
It was a Blast!
http://sprite-midgetclub.org/

taskadog Avatar
taskadog Phil Burke
Tequesta, FL, USA   USA
In reply to # 3585695 by trevorwj We need some street spridget guys to step up and offer some tech sessions and a gymkhana or at least a funkhana.

Is David Lieb still around? No autocross would be the same without his touch... cool smiley

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
I crewed with him at Grattan raceway a couple of weeks ago. We did our best to keep the Flounder on the track. :-)

In reply to # 3585935 by taskadog
In reply to # 3585695 by trevorwj We need some street spridget guys to step up and offer some tech sessions and a gymkhana or at least a funkhana.

Is David Lieb still around? No autocross would be the same without his touch... cool smiley

S1 Elan Kurt. Appley
Akron, Ia., USA   USA
Well, I hope to be driving one of "Flounders" old car's to the event! Mr. Thompson had a few difficulties at the "Hawk" but looked good!grinning smiley Hopefully everything is sorted now.

Kurt.

2fast4u Avatar
2fast4u Ron Christian
Aledo, IL, USA   USA
Now i have a goal , from pile of rust to elkhart in 12 months

Attachments:
IMG_20170828_184518055.jpg    76.2 KB
IMG_20170828_184518055.jpg

AN5L8016 Avatar
AN5L8016 Mark Haynes
Nederland, CO, USA   USA
In reply to a post by 2fast4U Now i have a goal , from pile of rust to elkhart in 12 months
Just be sure to take care of the transmission before you put it back in.
I was at the same stage as you before the 50th for my MKII, and I lost 2nd gear the week before I left. I wound up bringing my BE (on a trailer).
Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do....

'58 Bugeye
'05 Mini Cooper S

2fast4u Avatar
2fast4u Ron Christian
Aledo, IL, USA   USA
Ill give her a good shake down before heading out , im just looking forward to seeing some of the cars in person and putting faces to names

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
You can do it Ron. Look forward to meeting you. thumbs up

In reply to # 3586749 by 2fast4u Ill give her a good shake down before heading out , im just looking forward to seeing some of the cars in person and putting faces to names

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Updated info on the Sprite 60th Anniversary Party at Elkhart Lake....

Attachments:
60th Sprite Reunion 2018 ELVF 2.5.18.1.pdf    1.8 MB

60th Sprite Reunion 2018 ELVF 2.5.18.2.pdf    1.5 MB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
60th Sprite Reunon 2018 ELVF 2.5.18.3.pdf    1.91 MB
60th Sprite Reunion 2018 ELVF 2.5.18.4.pdf    1.88 MB
mrmg1965 Avatar
mrmg1965 Gold Member Steve Strublic
Peoria, AZ, USA   USA
1965 MG Midget "Gidget"
I grew up about an hour from Elkhart Lake, and have pics of me standing next to cars as a wee lad. I went before I was born, even. winking smiley

I'll be there this year, no doubt.

Steve

http://midget.strublic.net

ClancySchmidt Platinum Member Clancy Schmidt
Lawrence, KS, USA   USA
The Schmidt family will be there with two race cars. One for son Scott the #74 car pictured and a new one for dad, Clancy. I"m building a new car just for this event. We went to the 50th at Mid Ohio and had a great time. Can';t wait for the 60th.

I've been racing Sprites since 1974 and have made many friends since then. We'll be paddocked down by the turn 5 area. Look for a red enclosed trailer with Kansas Jayhawks on the sides and front/back. Come by and intorduce yourselves.

Scott will also do the "Hawk" vintage race in July. Aganin, come bby and say hi. We'll be sharing beer and water with those who need relief.

Attachments:
HVR turn 2.jpg    44.5 KB
HVR turn 2.jpg

purpleGT Avatar
purpleGT Gold Member Bud Osbourne
Pittsburgh, PA., USA   USA
Hmmmmm.........................Watkins Glen with the MGA, run home on the 10th & grab one of the Spridgets and head for Elkhart Lake? That would sure be fun and I'd love to meet a few more of you guys, too. I'll have to plan towards doing that.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster