Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

James E Avatar
James E Silver Member Jimmy Campbell
Bedford, Va, USA   USA
1969, its all there, drove into a dry building 15 years ago hasn't been started since. The wheels were just refurbished when the car was parked, has 4 new 15 year old tires, didn't see any rot or cracks but they are sure to be there. The body has some surface rust but no cancer. Floor pans and the boot are solid. No dents and the bumpers and the grill are straight. I can get it for $1200. Clean title. What do ya'll think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-08 07:00 PM by James E.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
69 midget & etc 002.jpg    48.5 KB
69 midget & etc 002.jpg

69 midget & etc 003.jpg    30.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
69 midget & etc 004.jpg    40 KB
69 midget & etc 005.jpg    33.3 KB
69 midget & etc 006.jpg    50.3 KB
tripp2loo Avatar
tripp2loo Paul Bateman
Noblesville, Indiana, USA   USA
My opinion.. for what it's worth.. If it ain't rotten and it's complete, it's a worthy project car.

ianjoub Avatar
ianjoub Ian Joubert
Homosassa, FL, USA   USA
1973 MG Midget "Mechanical Jailbait"
$7500 later plus the buy in and you will have a $5k car :lol:

It looks like a deal and definitely worth saving.

Ian:

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Homerr Avatar
Homerr Jeff Kogut
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
1966 MG Midget MkII "For Sale?"
1970 MG Midget MkIII "Midget On A Spit"
1975 MG Midget MkIV "General MG"
In reply to # 3568979 by ianjoub $7500 later plus the buy in and you will have a $5k car :lol:

This. These cars are as much about the ride they give us as us driving them.

If you have the space get it.

NYCCharlie Avatar
NYCCharlie Charles Linn
Lawrence, Kansas, USA   USA
But Ian, you did make me smile. grinning smiley

wrenchingaround Avatar
wrenchingaround Silver Member Louis Zammit
Toronto, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Most definitely go for it, it needs to be saved.

trevorwj Avatar
trevorwj Trevor Jessie
Louisville, KY, USA   USA
'69 is an oddball year. Is the dash cracked? For whatever reason, every '69 I've encountered has had an in tact original dashboard. But most of the later cars tend to have cracks.

Midget 50th - A Spridget Event
It was a Blast!
http://sprite-midgetclub.org/

Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA   USA
Jimmy,
It's all about the journey and you have a lot of experience with these LBCs. It looks like it's in decent shape, but every part of it will need to be touched unless you want to preserve it as is. Since it is a 'oddball' being a 69 you will have kind of a unique car when finished. I have to ask, how's the Fairlane and TR4a going? Last pictures I saw the rear valence of the TR4a was looking good!
Rut

1960 Bugeye undergoing restoration, 1275
1970 MGB, Pale Primrose
1967 Triumph TR4a
1966 Triumph TR4a
When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life. John Lennon

James E Avatar
Bedford, Va, USA   USA
In reply to # 3568979 by ianjoub $7500 later plus the buy in and you will have a $5k car :lol:

Ha Ha Ha, yeah, like some people I know of! I don't "restore" these cars, I resurrect them. They were meant to drive not for investment purposes. The place to invest is in silver, it's going to go thru the roof! Ian, I think some put a lot of time and $$$ in these cars to have something to do which is good. They could be doing something a lot worse. My blue car has gone 30K miles in the last 5 years. It's cost me about 4K$ but it has a 5 speed Datsun trans. When you start getting in to older cars you start finding a lot of problems, Rut, I don't even want to talk about the Fairlane but I've done too much to it to stop now!

littlecars Avatar
littlecars David Bassett
Nashville, Tennessee, USA   USA
1965 Chevrolet Corvair "Ski Team Transport SOLD!"
1965 MG Midget MkII "Buffoon"
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Tamara's Turd... SOLD!!!"
1974 MG Midget MkIII "Lizzy...SOLD!!"    & more
Boot lid doesn't look like it was stored inside, or maybe it looked like that when it was brought inside? How is the back of the trunk where the wiring loom usually traps moisture/rust? I've gotten otherwise rust-free Midgets where this area calls for lots of metal work under the rear bumper. Otherwise, any car that is complete and around $1000 gets my attention! Can't wait to help bring a supercharged 5 spd 1968 home this weekend and dig into the good bad and ugly for a British friend of mine.

spettro9 Avatar
spettro9 Silver Member John Loiacono
Cedar Grove, New Jersey, USA   USA
1976 MG Midget 1500 "Laurel"
1999 Volkswagen Golf
2001 Saturn SC1 "Vicky"
In reply to # 3569013 by Homerr

This. These cars are as much about the ride they give us as us driving them.

If you have the space get it.

Exactly and Exactly

hehe

Havenor Avatar
Havenor Richard Costa
Fairhaven, MA, USA   USA
It's not always about the destination, sometimes it's about the journey.

trowe9 Avatar
trowe9 Tracy Rowe
Baxter Springs, Kansas, USA   USA
Looks like a great project car that will be great to drive when done!

James E Avatar
Bedford, Va, USA   USA
I decided that with my 67 TR4a, 66 Fairlane 2DR HT, and a 71 Midget that's going to get a alum V6 and t5, I already have too much to do. Besides all that, my blue car keeps sayin' are we going somewhere! are we going somewhere! are we going somewhere!

Chas 906 Avatar
Chas 906 Chuck Peterson
Iron Mountain, Michigan, USA   USA
1961 MG Midget MkI "Little Red Rider"
My 2 cents is to get it and pedal it if you can't give it the proper attention. Looks like a great project car!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster