Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Motomorrelli Avatar
Motomorrelli Chris Morrell
Daytona Beach, Florida, USA   USA
Anybody doing any radical reconstruction customizing of their midget front end. I thought about putting a set of 911 headlights on to the front of my midget fenders. At the time they were so expensive that I decided against it. However I am now parting out a 911 and who would be happy to cut the fronts of the fenders off and sell the whole assemblies for $100 for the sap if anybody is interested let me know. The angled back design would give a midget are unique and interesting look while not taking away from their functionality. I know they belong on the for sale forum however I figured I would bounce it off the midget members prior to doing that

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
baloo Avatar
baloo Silver Member s y
Louisville, KY, USA   USA
Chris,
What donor Porsche are you considering? 996? 986? 997, older 911?, 993? Some of them have complicated patterns.

As a simpler modiifcation, you could simply directly swap in some of the "halo" or "angel eyes" lights, that have LED lights around the perimeters, and which LEDs can be used as parking lights or even turn signals.

Below is an example from EBay (no affiliation).

Attachments:
EBay halo light example.jpg    39.5 KB
EBay halo light example.jpg

Motomorrelli Avatar
These are from a 75 911.when I was doing my car one of my thoughts was to cut the front of the fenders and install the 911 buckets and trim assemblies so they would slope back like 911 headlights. This was strictly for custom car radical surgery for a lack of a better term. I've seen all those things on eBay and they're just fluff once again I'm talkind about full on customizing and offering them up to anybody who is doing a car for that level

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
baloo Avatar
baloo Silver Member s y
Louisville, KY, USA   USA
In reply to # 3535641 by Motomorrelli These are from a 75 911.when I was doing my car one of my thoughts was to cut the front of the fenders and install the 911 buckets and trim assemblies so they would slope back like 911 headlights. This was strictly for custom car radical surgery for a lack of a better term. I've seen all those things on eBay and they're just fluff once again I'm talkind about full on customizing and offering them up to anybody who is doing a car for that level

Oh, wow.
That's a totally different dimension. Would be interested to see how they turn out.
Have any preliminary sketches?

Motomorrelli Avatar
I'm no doing it myself. I thought about it but getting what was needed was cost prohibitive. Now I'm offering them to anybody who's building a hot rod midget. Reasonably priced!

Poundingsand Avatar
Poundingsand Silver Member Peer Ebbighausen
Los Angeles, California, USA   USA
More importantly, why are you parting out a 911? smiling smiley

And what model? (Sorry, big Porsche fan. Had to ask.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-21 12:56 PM by Poundingsand.

Motomorrelli Avatar
75 , 2.7. Its way beyond repair. Hopefully the motor can be saved

Poundingsand Avatar
Poundingsand Silver Member Peer Ebbighausen
Los Angeles, California, USA   USA
If the numbers match you might still get a pretty penny for it. Porsche values are through the roof!

Motomorrelli Avatar
Way beyond repair. Pre galvanized car that sat under a tree for the past 15 years. I bought it for drive line , rear suspension & brakes. Doors are the only salvageable part of the body. Chassis is gone!

Attachments:
IMG_20170605_182147.jpg    69.3 KB
IMG_20170605_182147.jpg

bweakley Avatar
bweakley Gold Member Bill Weakley
Ann Arbor, MI, USA   USA
1956 MG MGA "Old Blue"
1965 MG Midget MkII
1969 MG MGC
Anyone contemplating this modification should look closely at tire clearance. Moving the headlight buckets back any could cause interference.

Motomorrelli Avatar
Plenty of room, .... I investigated it when building my car but didn't have affordable access to fronts of fenders.& headlight assemblies. At the start of this thread I was offering them up here rather than ebaying them with whatever else I sell off to recoup the cost of the heap.
Now, after yesterday evening I am forced to once again work on my cars body. While parked at a local watering hole I came out to go home and found my little tramp had been violated by a valet ......"I'm so sorry, its so small" good thing it wasn't a baby I exclaimed.
I now have at least four options
#1 sell them to somebody here
#2 put them on my car
#3 sell the fenders on eBay for repairable pcs.
#4 make an art piece from the front clip. (Crashing through a wall)

Yankeedriver Avatar
Yankeedriver Platinum AdvertiserAdvertiser Joel Young
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA   USA
In reply to # 3537568 by Motomorrelli Plenty of room, .... I investigated it when building my car but didn't have affordable access to fronts of fenders.& headlight assemblies. At the start of this thread I was offering them up here rather than ebaying them with whatever else I sell off to recoup the cost of the heap.
Now, after yesterday evening I am forced to once again work on my cars body. While parked at a local watering hole I came out to go home and found my little tramp had been violated by a valet ......"I'm so sorry, its so small" good thing it wasn't a baby I exclaimed.
I now have at least four options
#1 sell them to somebody here
#2 put them on my car
#3 sell the fenders on eBay for repairable pcs.
#4 make an art piece from the front clip. (Crashing through a wall)

You are a model of restraint, re: the valet. I kind of like the front clip art piece. There used to be half a '59 Cadillac--but split the long way--over a repair shop in Tijuana (this was in the '80s), where I had the tranny done on my '63 Coupe de Ville. The owner was friendly and they did a great job, but I didn't like the way he was eyeing those l-o-n-g black tail fins...

Joel

Joel

Member Services:
Innovative DIY performance and reliability upgrades.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster