AutoShrine Sponsor

Wayne Burner Avatar
Chester, New Hampshire, USA   USA
Yes, most forums, have their Hunters too.grinning smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
nonracer Gold Member Steve Codianni
AZ, USA   USA
That's hilarious!

In reply to # 3514593 by Wayne Burner Yes, most forums, have their Hunters too.grinning smiley

mgtonyditter Avatar
mgtonyditter Tony Ditter
Brookhaven, New York, USA   USA
As ex military with some experience in the art and at very great risk of being flamed
here is my 2 cents

They can look neat ,Eye Candy, nothing wrong with that and just maybe they
can be useful for grounding a system but they can also cause electrical shorts
and can be hell to find leaks in and a old oil soaked braided steel line is a fire hazard

I will also say that on a car ,aside from its " pimp my ride " value I snicker inward a little bit
every time I see a mess of braided steel lines that look like they were yanked out of a
scrapped Titan II ICBM , complete with Mil. Spec anodized AN fittings ,real and faked
and then somehow grafted onto what is basically a 4 cylinder tractor engine

9 times out of 10 not even installed to any real Mil.Spec or aerospace standard with
nylon cable ties hose clamps , fake end caps to hide cheap Chinese hose clamps
and on a radiator that will never sees anything above 22 lbs pressure .

perfectpitch Avatar
perfectpitch Charles Windsor (Disabled)
Disabled Account, Antarctica   ATA
That's exactly it Tony, most people, the ones here too, struggle to change spark plugs or do a basic tune up so when they see something shiny they can put on their beat up POS they jump at not just the shiny.but also because they can tell strangers (no friends) about all their high end racing parts on the car. After all, racing cars have this SS junk, yeah? Oh that's right they don't. Don;t confuse them with talk of conductivity or grounding out their flex lines, that is sooo far over their heads. Just look at Robs posts that are barely understandable due to their brevity and grunting nature. If you question most any of these goons who work for Moss or a few of the other retailers of parts they will flame you and call you a troll because they have people to influence and parts to sell. They are parts pimps peddling puke on punk sites like this that encourage that sort of activity. Paid sponsorship here comes with certain special rights to spew whatever garbage out your mouth.

AZ, USA   USA
Your right Tony and so is Charles , the aftermarket is full of poor quality parts that don't fit well and don't provide any upgrade in function but there are also very high quality parts that's do actually fit , add performance and look good . What's wrong with using those ? Nothing . Charles is under the assumption that we ( everyone on the forum except him ) is using his "Happy "brand Chinese shit parts but he has no clue what parts we are using and has no idea what I personal use on my builds . He has also turned this thread into something far from what the OP was trying to find out .
Tony , your take on the "pimp my ride " parts is absolutely true , some people just like the " look" , performance and function mean nothing . Some like the performance with the "sleeper " look , nothing fancy no shiny parts etc , some like the look and performance. None of us said that every single part made that looks good is good , none of us said every braided SS line is high quality either.

perfectpitch Avatar
Quite childish post Steve. You still refuse to tell us about the particular construction of the shiny flex lines you claim to be some kind of seller of. Are they really that bad that you cannot show us how they are constructed?
People stop taking you seriously when you ignore questions repeatedly, and make up stupid nonsense.

omahawg Avatar
omahawg Dallas Tipton
Beebe, Arkansas, USA   USA
Well, to get back on track here, I swapped to SS lines last year. With no other mods to the braking system, I can tell a difference. The only downside I see is the price, but it's really not that bad for what you get.

AZ, USA   USA
I USED to sell parts when I owned a speed shop I don't anymore . I build custom cars now and I use several different manufacturers for all kinds of parts . I posted a link to the Goodridge hoses which were in question but you had no reply to that , I've used and sold those in the past without any issues along with other brands . The photo of the braided hose I posted was Aeroquip (Eaton) it was not a brake hose it was just a teflon lined hose I used as an example to show you and contradict your stupid claim that SS hose was just rubber with SS braid slipped over it . Why don't you post an example of a SS braided brake that failed , one you actually used .... you won't because you never used them on anything so stop making ridiculous claims about them . As for being childish isn't that the pot calling the kettle black , why don't you copy and paste the PM you sent me so the rest of the forum can see what kind of person you really are . I have real world experience with all these type of products , good and bad , I only post recommendations based on actual experience not based off of a few minutes of Google searching . Here's some pictures of the " junk " I use , obviously it's pure shit because it looks good also included is a photo Nascar race engine ( note the braided SS lines ) you said they don't use SS braid in racing . That's just another one of your stupid claims . I don't know what your problem is but this forum certainly doesn't need people like you clogging it up

In reply to # 3514783 by perfectpitch Quite childish post Steve. You still refuse to tell us about the particular construction of the shiny flex lines you claim to be some kind of seller of. Are they really that bad that you cannot show us how they are constructed?
People stop taking you seriously when you ignore questions repeatedly, and make up stupid nonsense.

Attachments:
IMG_2603.JPG    58.8 KB
IMG_2603.JPG

IMG_2606.JPG    44.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_2607.JPG    45.1 KB
IMG_2602.JPG    66.1 KB
perfectpitch Avatar
Still not a peep on those wonderful flex lines for the brakes. Typical amateur racing fittings so far. happy happy

AZ, USA   USA
I already said they were Goodridge , learn how to read
I also have them made locally but I'm sure you know that those are shit too.
Tell who makes the black ones in the photos Mr Know-it-all
No comment on the race engine ?

In reply to # 3514866 by perfectpitch Still not a peep on those wonderful flex lines for the brakes. Typical amateur racing fittings so far. happy happy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-19 02:54 PM by nonracer.

Kerr Avatar
Kerr Platinum Member Norm Kerr
Ann Arbor, MI, USA   USA
Folks, what in the world is going on here?

This is normally a civil forum, and people treat each other with respect.
What I see in this thread is totally unlike the normal behavior here.

Norm

AZ, USA   USA
Your absolutely correct Norm but when someone personally attacks me in a PM I'm going to retaliate but I'm keeping it clean and about cars .

I apologize to everyone on the forum for letting this get out of hand , I'm going to politely bow out of this thread now .

In reply to # 3514927 by Kerr Folks, what in the world is going on here?

This is normally a civil forum, and people treat each other with respect.
What I see in this thread is totally unlike the normal behavior here.

Norm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-19 04:56 PM by nonracer.

Colonel musturd 79 Avatar
Colonel musturd 79 Michael McKinney
Winchester, Virginia, USA   USA
1978 MG Midget 1500 "Colonel Mustard"
1987 Pontiac Fiero "SILVER BULLET"
I am with you!

Amore della Strada
For the love of the road

dlrhine Avatar
dlrhine Silver Member Dave Rhine
Columbia, SC, USA   USA
I installed the stainless hoses today & yes, they certainly give a firmer pedal feel.
Does the car stop better?
Not that I could tell, but the firmer pedal inspires more confidence...
I was so inspired, I took the little beast up to 92 mph today!
I'm happy with them thumbs up
Woo Hoo...smileys with beer

If it ain't broke, I'll fix it 'til it is! winking smiley

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster