Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

rsvmgb1974 Avatar
rsvmgb1974 Silver Member Robert Vining
Capon Bridge, Capon Bridge, USA   USA
In reply to # 3512779 by bev sleet Thanks for your comment Richard, I'm not going for stripes now I know the price $90 + $10 shipping for a bit of plastic... ouch

I agree, your car looks perfectly nice as is. But I like the added "Pop" that stripes offer. Different strokes for different folks. If you read their ad they say that their product uses higher grade materials that others don't. There are striping kits out there for less, much less.

Bob

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
WilliamChrist Avatar
WilliamChrist William Reinhardt
Saratoga Springs, New York, USA   USA
1967 MG Midget MkIII "Scarlet"
With regards to removing the rubber bumpers, is it legal? I have chrome bumpers purely because I prefer them (don't think one is better really), but it just peaked my interests on the legality of it.

omahawg Avatar
omahawg Dallas Tipton
Beebe, Arkansas, USA   USA
I think it depends on the state. Mine is bumperless on the front. It's technically illegal here, but not many cops know what years they were required and what years they weren't in regards to spridgets.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
rsvmgb1974 Avatar
rsvmgb1974 Silver Member Robert Vining
Capon Bridge, Capon Bridge, USA   USA
There are no inspections of antique vehicles here in WV that are 25 years old or older with antique tags. Most LEO's would think that bumper less MG's look like more modern cars with blended in bumpers.

Colonel musturd 79 Avatar
Colonel musturd 79 Michael McKinney
Winchester, Virginia, USA   USA
1978 MG Midget 1500 "Colonel Mustard"
1987 Pontiac Fiero "SILVER BULLET"
Bumper laws are different from state to state, in Virginia they are not required. If you would like to know about your state you can google it the National Safety Admin. has a site with info on all 50 states.

Amore della Strada
For the love of the road

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster