The Perfect Road to Drive a Midget

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jimbvd Platinum Member Jim Bravard
Hopkinsville, Ky., USA   USA
No driving for any of us in our respective. areas at this point, I believe! We're getting ready for 1 to 3 inches of ice, followed by 3 to 6 inches of snow, depending on your location. My brother tells me this is to extend up to Mass. Not sure what the predicted amounts ther are. I know this isn't that much for ya'll further north, but for us it's a decent snow. jim

Plenty of wood laid in.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
johnnyw637 Avatar
johnnyw637 Silver Member John Warner
Norwich, Norfolk, UK   GBR
1960 Morris Minor Traveller "Norbert Style (Nobby The Moggy"
1964 MG Midget MkI "Flying Midge"
1964 MG Midget MkI
Wood fire and Jim's homebrew, sounds like a Perfect recipe for s winter's evening.

Cheers Johnny

PS y'all should invite Son of Heaterboy round, he likes to keep warm these days. Opps my mistake he likes to keep dry as well winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-11 05:50 PM by johnnyw637.

I have the makings for a coffee Porter, ( Jan's choice ) just have to find the time. smiling smiley jim

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Sarge101st Avatar
Sarge101st Silver Member Brian S
Carlisle, PA, USA   USA
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Biggles"
1979 MG Midget 1500 "Grrr"
1980 MG MGB "Piddles"
In reply to # 3660111 by johnnyw637 PS y'all should invite Son of Heaterboy round, he likes to keep warm these days. Opps my mistake he likes to keep dry as well winking smiley

Johnny me son,

After a decade or so in the bergan infantry where warm and dry is often a luxury, at my age I have the right to occasionally enjoy that which everyone else takes for granted, yes. Grin!

Jim,

Looks like rain for us, ending in a bit of "sleezle" (snow, sleet, and freezing drizzle). Where the rain is expected to be of a quantity that will flush the roads of this vicious saline crap they have been slinging about with reckless abandon, I pray (probably in vain) they show a little restraint and don't rehose the place for that little bit of sleezle at the end. Then I can drive something other than what is becoming the sacrificial numbmobile even though the temps are to be below freesing.

This stuff they spray is intended to be a pretreat, as I understand it, but they have put tanks on the backs of ploughs here and just spray it indiscriminately. They say its more effective than salt and cinder gritting and is the stuff they put on runways to keep airports (sort-of) open. Fine for that purpose, but this stuff is very vicious, bad enough even modern cars get eaten up. Ah, but Little Tiffany in her people-carrier is much safer whilst on the phone and taking her offspring to hockey practice, so they hitch up their lily-white safety petticoats and spray the place down with this devil's brew, destroying everyone elses' investment in numbmobileness so she doesn't have to pay attention let alone be schooled in how to drive in snow. Bollocks!

smoking smiley

Enjoying a Smile Department:

You might not have figured it, but the world of human beings is a never-ending source of humour to me, and I actively seek it at every turn. Lately, political correctness and State Nannyness is a field rich in the harvest of humourous observation, to wit:

My son came home from school yesterday with his glasses in some level of disrepair due to a spacial conflict between his face and a volleyball in gym class. Off we go to get the lenses reset at the spec's store, a chain in the US called VisionWorks. Right off the bat, I must say they fixed him up promptly and the cost to us was a nice round naught. They treated us well. Anyway, as we are sitting, waiting for the tech to reassemble his specs, I couldn't help notice this wonderful piece of nanny-state/PC inclusiveness.

In the store, the one that makes and sells eyewear remember, the doorsign to the workshop where they actually make the lenses and install them says something like "Lens Lab". Under the words, you can see the name of this optics workshop spelled out again (Think about this now)...

...in braille.

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-12 08:05 AM by Sarge101st.

That's probably for the ones who want everyone else to think they can still see and read, Brian. smiling smiley jim

This is NOT Midget weather.sad smiley

Attachments:
IMG_20180112_121249955_HDR.jpg    32.6 KB
IMG_20180112_121249955_HDR.jpg

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
Looks like another evening of hint of wood smoke and Bravard Brewery Fine Ales, plus I'm sure Jan will throw in a few excellent bits of Kentucky cuisine.

smileys with beer Cheers Johnny

healey36 Avatar
healey36 Paul Raith
Westminster, MD, USA   USA
Okay, what is it?

Easy one...no, it's not a Baker-Hughes drill-bit...

Paul

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
In reply to a post by no, it's not a Baker-Hughes drill-bit.

Well I can't see the diff Paul, you've got me

Have you got a few hours on your own, or have you cashed in a shed load of those brownie points, to make work on the kitchen table permissible?

Cheers Johnny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-12 01:55 PM by johnnyw637.

healey36 Avatar
healey36 Paul Raith
Man, I'm throwin' soft-balls over here. Wild-@ss guess...what car is it out of?

You're half right...I was sorting through a mountain of junk in the garage and found this lurking at the bottom of the pile. Wife actually helped me foist it up onto her kitchen counter for a snap. She's a good ol' girl (man, I hope she doesn't read this forum)...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-12 02:03 PM by healey36.

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
Well it's not the BMW

And it has a BMC casting so I think it's fair to say it's from an Austin Healey (one of the small one's) manufactured circa 1967?

healey36 Avatar
healey36 Paul Raith
There's just no foolin' you, is there?

Found me a spare head for the B and some other bits too. Garage archeology is great fun...

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
They are tactile works of artsmileys with beer

I think it's why we all love auto jumbles cool smiley

tonyhawker Mahlon Hawker
Lorton, VA, USA   USA
1922 Ford Model T
1925 Ford Model T
1927 Ford Model TT "Henrietta"
1931 Ford Model A    & more
My guess was going to be a right angle drive for a bush hog. Wheres the differential gears?

Hawk

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
Hawk,

Could of course be a mincing machine for Paul's patties, I've heard he gets in early with the barbeque season.

healey36 Avatar
healey36 Paul Raith
Hey Hawk, hope you're feeling better.

I got some gears for you right here:

A sausage-maker...I could see that, John.

This is the original diff out of the Sprite, or so I was told by the previous owner. He managed to snap an axle, the splined end of which is still lodged in here. For some reason he decided not to repair the original but just go get a donor. Whatever, he delivered this to me a few months after I bought the car. It keeps getting moved around the garage. Would make a decent anchor...

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1964 MG Midget MkII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links