Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Wray Avatar
Wray Gold Member Wray Lemke
., South Carolina, USA   USA
I am sorry to pass along this news. Trevor Jones was a great guy and Magnetteer, we were looking forward to meeting him at Goodwood this coming Sept. What a loss for us all.

Per Grant Howlett:

Good Morning to you all.

It is with great sorrow and huge shock that I have to inform you all that dear Trevor our charming, enthusiastic and truly dedicated Magnette Register friend and mechanical^engineering Genius has just died.
Sadly he passed away early this morning of a heart attack.
I have just received this tragic news from Trevors business partner Rob Parsons.
Rosie had asked Rob to contact me to let you all know this terribly sad news.
Rob will let me know when there is news on the Funeral arrangements from the family.
Please all pray for Rosie and the family during this very difficult time.

Yours Safety Fast Grant.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Ian Williams Avatar
., Derbyshire, UK   GBR
Oh NO !!

What sad news.... A great guy and he's gonna be sadly missed...

Such a big shock for all of us...

Trevor helped me on so many occasions with advice on my ZB restoration.. He was always there when you needed help..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-10 04:35 PM by Ian Williams.

Muzz Avatar
Muzz Murray Cowley
Tavistock, Devon, UK   GBR
1958 MG Magnette ZB "Maggie"
So sorry to hear about Trevor, this is such a shame,

I never met Trevor but had corresponded on many occasions and had bought the anti roll bar
he produced, it transformed the handling on my car.

An enthusiast of the highest order and a great bloke. RIP Trevor.

My condolences to Rosie and all his family.

Murray

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
exbrat202 Avatar
exbrat202 Mac Pile
Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire, UK   GBR
1956 MG Magnette ZA "Vera"
I had often spoken to Trevor but finally had the pleasure of meeting him about two months ago to collect a 1/4 light hinge from him. I had an email from him only yesterday morning as I'd been doing some research for the Magnette gathering at the GWR Steam Museum in nearby Swindon and was looking forward to a longer chat at the gathering.

He will be missed for his friendly and freely given advice and expertise. R.I.P. Trevor

Mac

Dietrich Krahn Avatar
Kassel, Hessen, Germany   DEU
1956 MG Magnette ZA "Ms Adler"
1962 MG MGA MkII
1978 Audi 80 GLS "Auguste"
Very very sad news, we lost one of "the" Magnetteers, I will miss him very much
I met him several times, he was always very helpful to me, no question he couldn`t answer and his technical support for me. He helped last year me during my search for another Magnette, sorry not to present him FKS 550 at the Magnette 65th birthday 2018
Our thoughts are with his family

Conny and Dietrich

david.g.h Avatar
david.g.h David Harrison
Stratford upon Avon, UK   GBR
1929 Austin 7
1932 Austin 7 "Cabbage"
1956 MG Magnette ZA
1989 Porsche 944 S2
What a loss to his family and to all of us. I had the pleasure of corresponding, meeting and sourcing "bits" from Trevor. He was a mine of information, always helpful, a real gentleman...a true Magnette owner! He will be sorely missed and long remembered.
David Harrison

mcquaid Avatar
mcquaid jim jans
hood river OR, USA   USA
We are truly sorry to hear of the loss of our fellow Magnetteer. He will be missed for his freely given advice and know-how. Our condolences to Rosie and all his family

Jim & Sharon Jans
Hood River, OR
'58 ZB

Clacksman Avatar
Clacksman Silver Member Andy Dear
Central Scotland, UK   GBR
1957 MG Magnette ZB "Maggie - Aren't They All?"
Shocked and saddened to hear of the sudden loss of Trevor Jones. He was a good friend and advisor and a great Magnetteer. Although we lived at opposite ends of the country and consequently met only at Magnette gatherings I have a large file of emails exchanged between us, discussing and solving the idiosyncrasies of our cars. He will certainly be missed. My sincere condolences to his family.

philp Phil Parmenter
Chailey, Sussex, UK   GBR
Only just seen this. Very sad. I only spoke to Trevor once at Silverstone - he was a nice friendly chap and very helpful. I know he did a lot for fellow MGers especially Magnette owners.

Phil

Ian Williams Avatar
., Derbyshire, UK   GBR
He used to say to me "if you need any help during your resto. ..just shout !" He always had a way round problems, or had new suggestions.. he sent me a cardboard template for making the splash plates, plus many other odds and ends that I didn't know were even missing from my car....

When I first started looking for a Magnette Trevor spoke about importing one from the USA.
I got scared at this point and ran away, as I considered the LHD to RHD conversion would be too much to take on.. ! (let alone import duties and registering the car within the UK )

It did look a nice rust free one though !

StephenT Stephen Tickell
Redhill, Surrey, UK   GBR
For all those who knew Trevor - there will be a special gathering to remember him on Weds 5th July, from 1pm at Wroxall Abbey Hotel, by kind invitation of Grant Howlett. All of us on the Magnette Register committee are saddened to have lost a colleague and friend so suddenly, and this seemed a very appropriate venue for a farewell, as Trevor often visited Wroxall and was involved in organizing Register events based there, including the Gerald Palmer centenary and Magnette 60th. There will be a bar and buffet, and if you can bring a Magnette or other classic that would be great. If you require a room please contact the hotel directly, mentioning the Trevor Jones event.

If you're not able to make it, do please post your memories of Trevor here, as I'm sure Rosie and the family will be touched by all the tributes

Stephen

Oskcar Avatar
Oskcar Dominic TL
oxfordshire, Wallingford. Oxfordshire, UK   GBR
1957 MG Magnette ZB Varitone "Lady Margaret"
1957 MG MGA 1500
1959 MG MGA 1600 "Super Sport"
1965 Sunbeam Tiger "Tony"    & more
A very sad loss, a fantastic engineer and all round proper chap.

StephenT Stephen Tickell
Redhill, Surrey, UK   GBR
Just a quick update - the event at Wroxall Abbey Hotel tomorrow (5th July) will start slightly later, 2pm, although there'll be coffee available if you happen to arrive earlier. It's intended to be a celebration of Trevor's life rather than a memorial, so bright/casual dress is in order, and you'll be very welcome whether bringing a Magnette or not !

9230BT ALAN REED
Hereford, Herefordshire, UK   GBR
Hi Stephen. I was shocked to hear the news of Trevor's passing on my return from holiday. I hope to be at Wroxall with the Dove Grey MGA that Trevor built in the 1990's. it is currently sorned due to routine maintenance and expired MOT which i will attempt to renew in the morning. I have owned the car since 2004 and have covered approx 40,000 trouble free miles,a testement to Trevor's skill. regards Alan Reed

Ian Williams Avatar
., Derbyshire, UK   GBR
Nice to hear of Trevor involvement with your car Alan. I shall look out for you..

Ian

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster