Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

copernicus Avatar
copernicus Nick Kopernik
Western, CT, USA   USA
This photo of the Tower Records store in SF was included in the documentary "All Things Must Pass" (no connection to George Harrison's album, other than the title) and I was surprised to see an MGA prominently displayed: I wonder if the owner of the car took the photo, maybe they worked there. The store opened in 1968, and the photo itself is undated, but since it's in B&W, I suspect it's from the late 60's. Its a bit ironic that both the store and the MG brand are no longer around (yes I know the Chinese make what they call an MG).

OK, now I think its actually an AH 3000??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-13 09:18 AM by copernicus.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
tr.jpg    53.9 KB
tr.jpg

wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
yep AH here is another cool one....

wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
....the vehicles are still around but they aren't....sad smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
cochrwi Avatar
cochrwi Gold Member Bill C
Virginia Beach, VA, USA   USA
1960 MG MGA 1600
1973 Datsun 240Z "The Z"
Nick ... now that picture of the Tower Record store takes me back. I lived in Sausalito in the early 70's. I shopped that store for music. I remember hopping in my 70 MGB/GT on the weekend and running over to SF to Tower to buy albums for $3 each.

copernicus Avatar
copernicus Nick Kopernik
Western, CT, USA   USA
In reply to # 3680607 by cochrwi Nick ... now that picture of the Tower Record store takes me back. I lived in Sausalito in the early 70's. I shopped that store for music. I remember hopping in my 70 MGB/GT on the weekend and running over to SF to Tower to buy albums for $3 each.

I would go to the Tower Greenwich Village store (the Village was a very different world back them). The documentary about Tower Records is running on a variety of cable stations and is probably available on a number of streaming channels; its a fascinating look back to a different era that was not that long ago.

Rob Z Avatar
Rob Z Silver Member Rob Zucca
Camarillo, CA, USA   USA
1960 MG MGA
Pretty sure that’s the Tower Records on Sunset Bl. In Hollywood. Used to go there.

"Time flies like an arrow......Fruit flies like a banana"

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster