AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Don MGA 1600 Avatar
Don MGA 1600 Silver Member Don Tremblay
Rutland, Rutland, USA   USA
1960 MG MGA "My Oldest Friend"
1962 Jaguar E-Type "Rich Bitch"
Ron,

Some food for thought, but the OEM Smiths Heater was originally gloss black.

All hardware was silver cad.

Have a safe trip.

Don

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
momsauto Avatar
momsauto Gold Member Dan Craig
Ozark, Missouri, USA   USA
1953 MG TD MkII "Margaret"
1960 MG MGA 1600 "Michael"
1978 MG MGB MkIV "McGregor"
1986 Jaguar XJ-S
Very nice Ron. I did use the Moss 241-980 insulator and it seems to work well. Now would be the time if you were to use this style insulator. Dan

bisslre Ron Bissland
Kenosha, WI, USA   USA
1956 MG MGA 1500 "The Little Car"
2014 Chevrolet Silverado
Thanks Dan.. I almost ordered it but talked myself out of it.. I have made a commitment to myself that this car was going to be restored back to original as the day my Uncle bought it. And so far I am on track. Everything so far is all original. It is not cheap to have everything professional rebuilt or restored, but that is how I am restoring this car. It will be a driver.. but with also be concourse correct. Heck I even went to the expence to find a generator that was manufactured in march 1956 as the one that was on the car was in the 60's. But I did find one and I rebuilt it.. I spent all winter one year going nothing but glass beading all the nuts, bolts, washers and screws..and then replating them in my basement. Any nut, bolt or screw you can visible see is an original one.
I have 4 years into the restore so far and I have done 100% of the mechanical work. I have done all the sheet metal and welding.. but I did not do any of the paint work, ( I hate paintingsmiling smiley )
All original and professionally rebuilt were: Distributor, Master Cyl, wheel cyl, Speedo, and Fuel pump. Everything else I have done. It is fun and I enjoy it.. Now the car is all going back together. All the parts were redone and put in plastic tubs, so now all I do is open it up and install. As soon as the engine compartment is done I will start on the interior.
Thx
Ron

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
3066james Avatar
3066james Jim Cheatham
Amelia, VA, USA   USA
Looking very nice. Before you get too much more added to the heater shelf and firewall, you should consider adding the under dash pad set. Moss part no. 241-980.

Jim

Attachments:
9D70F2A6-5956-4136-9D3E-F156B38B78B7.jpeg    44 KB
9D70F2A6-5956-4136-9D3E-F156B38B78B7.jpeg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster