AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

bisslre Ron Bissland
Kenosha, WI, USA   USA
1956 MG MGA 1500 "The Little Car"
2014 Chevrolet Silverado
Now that the car is back from Paint for the second time.. I am starting to add everything to the heater shelf. Between restore books, MGA Guru, and Todd Clarks books I think I am on the right track.. But am going to post some progress pics along the way to see if anyone sees anything I may have over looked...
thx
Ron

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20171010_082138.jpg    53.8 KB
20171010_082138.jpg

20171010_082209.jpg    44.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
bobs77vet Avatar
bobs77vet bob K.
northern Va, Va, USA   USA
very nice!!!! is the rubber excluder there for the brake/clutch pedal and do yuu have a P clip on the pass side goal post top for the wiring harness and water temp capillary?

Grubeguy Avatar
Grubeguy Grube Guy
Washington, DC, USA   USA
Definitely a thread I'll be needing to keep in my back pocket for the future...

Keeps the pics coming! I'm relying on you smiling smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
bisslre Ron Bissland
Kenosha, WI, USA   USA
2014 Chevrolet Silverado
Bob, I have not installed the rubber excluder yet.. have to dig it out smiling smiley.. Yes I have the P clip on the drivers side.. and yes I have the one for the water temp capillary. Next pics will be from all angles...
Thx
Ron

59Coupe Wayne S.
Montgomery, Alabama, USA   USA
Ron,

Beautiful work! Just curious, do you plan on using DOT 3,4 or DOT 5 brake fluid? The stage you are at right now is the only time using DOT 5 is really an advantage. Which do you plan to use? Keep the pictures coming.

bisslre Ron Bissland
Kenosha, WI, USA   USA
2014 Chevrolet Silverado
I will be using Dot 5 fluid as everything clutch or brake related in New or rebuilt. Front wheel cyl were sent out and sleved in stainless. also was the master cyl.
I finished adding the rest of the rubber grommets last night. There is one grommet that is special and I can not seem to figure out where it goes. seems like to fit a 5/8 hole. Looking for some help on that one. Also i came up with a cleaver idea on how to get the grommets around the speedo/tach cable nut. I used 1/4 dr deep sockets. Started out with the socket that was the same size as the hole. Then i put them together socket end to socket end in a vise. Then slid the grommet from one socket to the next. I kept doing this until I got the grommet around the 1/2" socket. That socket is a bit large than the nut on the speedo cable. Then just slide the grommet from the socket and on to and over the cable nut.. Perfect.. smiling smiley
I will post more on the heater shelf in a few weeks as I am off to Netherlands for two weeks on Business.. master Cyl, washer bottle and heater box are next..
One last observation, I have attached the main wire harness to the heater shelf as I have read somewhere that is where it goes. But I am not 100% sure what was done at the factory and pictures are not real clear. That is where it was when I took it all apart.. so that is why I am putting it back there.. anyone know the correct location.. you can see this in my pics.

Attachments:
20171011_081959.jpg    19.1 KB
20171011_081959.jpg

20171010_183914.jpg    13.6 KB
20171011_081938.jpg    43.4 KB
20171011_082012.jpg    56.2 KB
bisslre Ron Bissland
Kenosha, WI, USA   USA
2014 Chevrolet Silverado
Pic from the inside.

Attachments:
20171011_082023.jpg    46 KB
20171011_082023.jpg

Don MGA 1600 Avatar
Don MGA 1600 Silver Member Don Tremblay
Rutland, Rutland, USA   USA
1960 MG MGA "My Oldest Friend"
1962 Jaguar E-Type "Rich Bitch"
Heater Shelf main wiring harness pic.

Attachments:
Heater Shelf.jpg    35.9 KB
Heater Shelf.jpg

bobs77vet Avatar
bobs77vet bob K.
so I recall having grommets for the radiator support brackets....and also for the rear license plate light and what about for the boot rod?

bisslre Ron Bissland
Kenosha, WI, USA   USA
2014 Chevrolet Silverado
The picture of the unidentified grommet was in the grommet kit for the dash. I have the kit for the Head lamps and head lamp wiring. Got the ones for the pull rods ( already installed). The grommets for the radiator are quite larger.. So I am still unsure where the one in the PIC goes.. It is special so it can't go to things like heater control cables as you would need two..

Zur Avatar
Zur Silver Member Dave H.
Amarillo, Texas, USA   USA
Really nice work, Ron.
Maybe the vendor could ID the mystery grommet for you?

Dave

bikermga Avatar
bikermga Peter Tilbury
Surrey, BC, Canada   CAN
Ron,

Before you wire up the relay box, make sure it is fitted the right way up, as it can mount either way.

Had a friend who had all the correct wires going to the correct contacts, but his relay box was mounted upside down. Had no turn signals or brake lights until I found the error.

Peter.

bisslre Ron Bissland
Kenosha, WI, USA   USA
2014 Chevrolet Silverado
I have confirmed that Don is correct and the wire harness is only mounted to the Fire wall.. I have since moved mine. Also I have contacted Todd Clarke and he let me know that the unidentified grommet is for the Oil line with the cone part in the cockpit. Last night I finished up the wipers and then fitted the heater box. But I painted it in a flat black a few years ago when I restored it.. Think I will repaint it gloss to match the rest of everything under the hood.

Attachments:
20171011_195843.jpg    57.1 KB
20171011_195843.jpg

bobs77vet Avatar
bobs77vet bob K.
you could try a satin black it splits the difference between gloss and flat

bisslre Ron Bissland
Kenosha, WI, USA   USA
2014 Chevrolet Silverado
Thanks Bob.. I actually did the heater box in " Eastwoods" Underhood Black paint.. which is almost a satin...I will think about it for a few weeks while I am in Europe ( Netherlands).. Might just leave it alone... When I get back I will start on the master cyl and anything in that area...
Thx
Ron

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster