AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

59mgaguy Avatar
59mgaguy John Terschak
Wakeman, Ohio, USA   USA
1930 Ford Model A "Jenny"
1959 MG 14/28 "Jessie"
1974 MG MGB "Oooops"
I was wondering how some of our members and their MGAs are doing. How about a shout out to let us know everything is OK with you all.

Prayers are with you all.

John

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
fcamill Avatar
fcamill Francis Camilleri
Birkirkara, Europe, Malta   MLT
1958 MG MGA
1958 MG MGA
We have relatives living in Florida, and we are constantly praying for their safety, and the safety of all the Floridians. May the good Lord keep watch over them all.

Frank

Zur Avatar
Zur Silver Member Dave H.
Amarillo, Texas, USA   USA
Several motorcycle buddies in Florida, NC & Ga...praying for them, too!
More in Houston area...all OK!

Dave

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Redhawk1689 Avatar
Redhawk1689 Gold Member Steven Stockham
Salina, Kansas, USA   USA
1958 MG MGA 1500 "Belle"
Yes, we have friends in both places. Lots of damage but everybody is safe!

gary s Avatar
gary s Gary Starr
N Illnois, USA   USA
The MG lives in Illinois but we do have a place in Key Largo. Communication is sparse but 2 neighbors stayed. Our privacy fence blew down,another neighbors mail box is bent 45 degrees and that is about it. We were told a couple of blocks away someone lost the whole roof. 75% of power is out but one of the neighbors who stayed works for the electric company was out checking lines and at least the main feeds from the mainland are ok for as far as they could check or are responsible for. Closer to Marathon is a different story,somewhere around mm 73 the road is supposed to be out,whatever that means. We are very lucky.

whid1 dave mcgregor
palm harbor, florida, USA   USA
I got really lucky this weekend. Irma passed by and no problems. I'm 1200 miles away from its garage and couldn't do anything to stormproof . Our home is close by the Gulf and I was sure storm surge was going to be the killer. I'm sure there are hundreds of LBCs up and down that coast just hope they were as lucky. I'm going to read the fine print in my Hagerty policy.

willysmb Avatar
willysmb ken klay
london, UK   GBR
1956 MG MGA "Money Pit"
Oh , sorry i think i may have the wrong type Hurricane.

Been watching the pic on the news ..Seriously scary..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-12 10:07 AM by willysmb.

Attachments:
IMG_2798 copy.jpg    36.6 KB
IMG_2798 copy.jpg

tmg.esq Avatar
tmg.esq Tom G
Vero Beach, Fl, USA   USA
1954 MG TF
1958 MG MGA
1958 MG MGA 1500
American Collectors Insurance Company offered Fla insureds (including me) $250 to move their car to a safe place. Nice touch I thought. Since I live on an island in the inter coastal waterway, I do get nervous leaving my A. Two hurricanes now, and no luckily no issues. But at 8 feet above sea level, I do have concerns. Ferrari owner down the road moved his car.

Gary E Avatar
Gary E Silver Member Gary Edwards
Kernersville, ,N.C., USA   USA
We have friends in Sarasota and the only real damage was a seabird. A Skimmer was in the backyard with a damaged wing.

Gary

Attachments:
download.jpg    3.8 KB
download.jpg

dfriswell Avatar
dfriswell David Friswell
BOCA RATON, FLORIDA, USA   USA
1960 MG MGA 1600 "The G"
Mine made it though just fine. It's still "sleeping" under moving blankets and car cover.

I had two cars in front of the garage door to block the wind.

We didn't get it direct but we had some gusts that were close to 100 MPH. House is fine, trees not so much!

Attachments:
IMG_20170908_145728686_HDR.jpg    35.2 KB
IMG_20170908_145728686_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170911_101645167.jpg    42.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster