AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

74GTBob Avatar
74GTBob Bob Riebli
Ephrata, Washington, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB GT
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB GT
Bill, Thank you for your post on the actual information of the pending sale. It looks like a very well done restoration. Hope it works out for you.

Bob

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
RJBrown Avatar
RJBrown Randy Brown
Queen Creek, Arizona, USA   USA
In reply to # 3570420 by Mitchman2 I have pictures of mine looking that nice too.

Looks a lot like my MK11 did the day I finished it. $80 grand would buy mine to. I should have saved more picture.

wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
....a lovely resto, and remember a rising tide lifts all boats...

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Redhawk1689 Avatar
Redhawk1689 Gold Member Steven Stockham
Salina, Kansas, USA   USA
1958 MG MGA 1500 "Belle"
So, speculation on what to name her? "Black Beauty" has been used but it is a classic and it definitely is descriptive!

tomstorey Tom Storey M
Chardon, OH, USA   USA
is it possible to see some of the restoration in process photos?

these are great motivators...even if we uns don't achieve the same level

thanks

tom

Plumberpilot Avatar
Plumberpilot Silver Member Ricky May
Salem, Salem Va, USA   USA
Is that a repair panel welded in the driver side dog leg? Would you need to brace a rust-free body before removing it from the frame? I realize the seller didn't claim it to be a rust free body but for anything near half the asking price I'd have to micro analyze everything and still be depressed about the purchase.

MGB65B Avatar
MGB65B Gold Member Thomas Aczel
Sydney, Kurrajong Hts, Australia   AUS
1962 MG MGA MkII
1965 MG MGB "Dad's Little White Car"
While I've kept a log of work that I've done on my MGA over the eight years I've owned it, I've purposely not recorded how much I've spent on it. And while most (other than my remarkably tolerant wife) will probably find this difficult to believe, I have little doubt I've spent at least as much as the asking price of the Mk II being discussed here, all up, on my own Mk II.
The only difference is that I've had the adventure along the way of working on, (and having others more skilled than I am working on), and seeing my car progressively turn into something hugely better than the car I first bought.
I just don't think logic comes into the ownership for many of us of these lovely fun cars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-11 04:20 PM by MGB65B.

Randy England Avatar
Asquith, Saskatchewan, Canada   CAN
Beautiful car but I'd be afraid to take it out of the garage.

NSFW Avatar
NSFW Rob S.
Pembroke, Massachusetts, USA   USA
A much cheaper alternative with a similar look and closer to what the buyer was originally looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-MG-MGA-Show-quality-restoration-with-attention-to-detail-/292212765055?hash=item44093cf17f:g:sBIAAOSw7zlZi8yP&vxp=mtr

three5bangers Avatar
three5bangers Steve M
Valhalla, NY, USA   USA
Vagrouser Bill S
Panhandle, TX, USA   USA
Caveat emptor. I did not share seller's enthusiasm after looking at this car in person.

Re previous BIN. Thanks for posting. I had not seen this price, but the seller indicated that he had previously listed it much lower. eBay being what it is, he put a price of 80k in hopes of weeding out bottom feeders after getting offers of 17k etc. (I actually offered a bit more than 46 but will honor that). A good deal is when buyer and seller are both pleased and I think this is the case here.
Nick is free to chime in if he wants but inspected the car today for me and sounds like he was duly impressed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-12 02:12 PM by Vagrouser.

Spitfire Dave Avatar
Spitfire Dave Dave B
Denver, Colorado, USA   USA
If price isn't a hindrance, and you want the best that can be had, I'd say the one Bill bought is it. I offered mine up, but it isn't quite at the same level as that car in CT.

Well done, Bill. Take good care of it.

Dave
1960 MGA 1600

Rusty356 Avatar
Rusty356 Richard Conn
Parker, PA, USA   USA
1958 MG MGA "Translucent"
1962 MG MGA 1600 "A All Original"
I have a 62 MGA MK II, and I think that the buyer was right, this is a fantastic car, and worth the money that he paid, what ever that was, you will not find a nicer Mark II, and if I had the funds at this time, I would have also made a offer and then had 2 Mark II’s. I am sure the buyer got a great car, done to the highest level. Rick

Attachments:
IMGP2646.JPG    68.7 KB
IMGP2646.JPG

wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
....I would guess that BIN price was accurate for value offered, MGA's contemporaries 356 porsche's and alfa's are well above 100K for that type of work...

copernicus Avatar
copernicus Nick Kopernik
Redding, CT, USA   USA
This MKII was done by a professional who is accustomed to restoring high end cars. There were 2 Aston Martins in the shop; one with body off; 4 Ferrari's that I counted; a Maserati; a Lambo; a few Jags; a Porsche; Mercedes; and maybe another 20 or so cars of various makes on the lot (one of their cars made it into Pebble Beach). The MKII, black over red, was restored to a very high standard, same as they use for the other cars. It looks great from any angle and any distance; beautifully done. Now about the DB4 they have.........

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster