Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

dnorth Richard Northey
Bow, New Hampshire, USA   USA
1959 MG MGA
Does anyone know a source of the correct bracket screws (CMZ0204). Most catalogues specify 6-32 machine screws which are too large in diameter.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
bobs77vet Avatar
bobs77vet bob K.
northern Va, Va, USA   USA
i am in the process albeit very slowly in redoing my window frames and I also have to source those little tiny screws so definitely let me know where you find them. thanks bob

3066james Avatar
3066james Jim Cheatham
Amelia, VA, USA   USA
I bought mine from Anglo Parts but I think Todd Clarke also has them.

Let me look. I may have some extras.

Jim

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dnorth Richard Northey
1959 MG MGA
Bob, I will let you know when I find them. Jim, Thanks and let me know if you have extras. I have asked Todd early this morning and have not received a response yet.

bobs77vet Avatar
bobs77vet bob K.
In reply to # 3514705 by dnorth Bob, I will let you know when I find them. Jim, Thanks and let me know if you have extras. I have asked Todd early this morning and have not received a response yet.

thanks I bought the window screw kit from Todd hoping those would be in there but the kit really was more of a kit for attaching it to the door as opposed to rebuilding the window frame

3066james Avatar
3066james Jim Cheatham
Amelia, VA, USA   USA
I have eight (8) of CMZ0204. The Service Parts List indicates that 12 are needed. I bought 16 so I'm not sure why I have eight left.

Richard and Bob,
You guys flip a coin and let me know who wins. The winner can have them.

Here's the link to Anglo Parts site for the Coupe door parts. https://www.angloparts.com/en/catalogues/group/4305/mga-trim-door-fittings-coupe

Jim

bobs77vet Avatar
bobs77vet bob K.
In reply to # 3514828 by 3066james I have eight (8) of CMZ0204. The Service Parts List indicates that 12 are needed. I bought 16 so I'm not sure why I have eight left.

Richard and Bob,
You guys flip a coin and let me know who wins. The winner can have them.

Here's the link to Anglo Parts site for the Coupe door parts. https://www.angloparts.com/en/catalogues/group/4305/mga-trim-door-fittings-coupe

Jim

thanks Richard can have them if he needs them I am not there yet, I seem to proceeding at a snails pace....I will look at the link did they have all the door frame screws you needed?

dnorth Richard Northey
1959 MG MGA
Jim,
Anglo lists them as not in stock. I need only 8 and originated the thread. They would be very appreciated.

bobs77vet Avatar
bobs77vet bob K.
wow that's a great link, I think I am going to order all those little screws in advance....thanks bob

dnorth Richard Northey
1959 MG MGA
Jim,
How do I arrange payment?

3066james Avatar
3066james Jim Cheatham
Amelia, VA, USA   USA
Bob,
Yes, they had all of the door hardware I needed.

Richard,
If you want the eight CMZ0204 screws I have, PM me you address and I'll mail them to you.

Jim

In reply to # 3514831 by bobs77vet
thanks Richard can have them if he needs them I am not there yet, I seem to proceeding at a snails pace....I will look at the link did they have all the door frame screws you needed?

dnorth Richard Northey
1959 MG MGA
Bob,
Thank you for your courtesy.

3066james Avatar
3066james Jim Cheatham
Amelia, VA, USA   USA
Richard,
The specs on the label from Anglo Parts indicates these screws are 6-32 x 1/4". That is what I used so they should fit in your vent window brackets.

Bob,
Looks Like McMaster Carr sells a package of 100 for $5.25 plus shipping. Not sure what you would do with the other 88. smiling smiley

If you are taking your roll up window channels apart to have them rechromed, the hardest thing to figure out is how to reattach the bracket that is attached to the vertical channel. The bracket is screwed to the top of the door. They were originally riveted to the vertical channel with semitubular rivets which is impossible to duplicate when reassembling the channels. When you get to that point, let me know and I see if I can find pictures of what I did.

Jim

3066james Avatar
3066james Jim Cheatham
Amelia, VA, USA   USA
No payment required. They will be in the mail tomorrow. Glad to help.

Jim

In reply to # 3514837 by dnorth Jim,
How do I arrange payment?

dnorth Richard Northey
1959 MG MGA
Thanks Jim,
Most of the parts are either at the chrome shop or back from rechroming. I will let you know when I am set to install

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1966 MG MGB

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links