Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

RenevH Rene Van Hulzen
Stuttgart, Baden Württemberg, Germany   DEU
Hi,
My first post is about a bad vendor. I cannot find a Vendor Review forum, so I post it here. Probably someone knows him, or is living near him or can give me advice what I can do?

Unfortunately have to share my experience with a US seller who is dealing with British classic cars for years.
I bought an 1959 MGA Project last February, 2016, expecting to have a honest seller. I live in Germany and send the money to him and beliefe that the MGA will be shipped a few weeks later. The seller confirm that he recieved the money and promized to send a bill of sale - what never happens. Since then Im waiting and hope to get the car, the seller had several excuses, he told me the winter was to cold, he could not work on the car, he was out of his home, had no computer to give updates, had first to finish another project etc. After 4 months I set him a deathline, then there came a responce with a promize to ship the car soon, several deathlines later, there is no responce coming anymore (since may). A shipping company also tried to reach him, they called him, leave a message on a voicemail, send emails.... They can confirm everything and have similar experience with this seller. I told him I want my money back, else I will publish his full name and all dates online. I know he is reading my emails but no reponce. I asked him what his problem was, if he has money problems or else... no responce.? At the same time I know he is still selling other bristish classics to other buyers and these buyers get responce everytime.
So my patience is at the end; here are the dates:
Seller:
Tilak Kumara Gurusinghe
also Ti or Ty Gurusinghe
Emgeetf@aol.com
(1) 952 445 2255
Prior Lake, MN USA
I dont expect to get my money back, but future potential buyer have to know my fraud experience with this guy.

Rene
MGA MK2 , Austin Healey 100-6, VW Rometsch Lawrence, Fiat 1200 TV

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
RenevH Rene Van Hulzen
that was fast....MG

copernicus Avatar
copernicus Nick Kopernik
Redding, CT, USA   USA
I really, really despise this type of behavior as it gives a black eye to many in the industry who are honest and bend over backwards to help their customers. Rene, you should contact the Attorney General's Office In the State of Minnesota, she is top law enforcement official in the state and her name is Lori Swanson. I've attached a link to her web page and it gives you two options to file a fraud complaint:

1.) You can fill out the form and file a complaint (it does have to be mailed) or,

2.) You can call the number listed and talk to them to explain the situation

Please follow through one way or another; you may be able to receive a refund and bring this dealer to the attention of law enforcement.

http://www.ag.state.mn.us/Office/Forms/FraudReport.asp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-05 09:32 AM by copernicus.

Stratos Silver Member Randle Roberts
Athens, USA   USA
My only Ebay problem was with a $1500 set of rims from a fellow that were misrepresented. Ebay agreed and said I had to return them before they could take action. Got like $300 back from Ebay and the guy put them back on Ebay and I was out $1,200. I sent the guy a registered letter that I had contacted the Attorney General's office in Florida and they would look into it. Got the remainder sent to me in two days. I did a Google Earth of his address and he had a nice house with pool in a nice neighborhood but was still a deadbeat. Turn up the heat on this guy and threaten legal action if necessary. You could also contact the American Consulate about the problem since you are in another country. Deadbeats count on you giving up!

RenevH Rene Van Hulzen
Thanks all, I will soon contact the Attorney General's Office. I found also the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
I just cannot believe that somebody do this for an amount <10.000.
The seller is since more than 30 years in business (he told that) and has to loose a lot of reputation.
I would be glad to talk on the phone to him (Tilak) but he dont pick up the phone or anwered on my emails. Same experience did have the shipping company rickens with him - no phone, no responce on emails.
I know another customer was in tough with him at the same time, he wants to buy some cars - he did get immidiately responce

Rene

TeamEvil Avatar
TeamEvil Gold Member Thomas C
Kingston, Massachusetts, USA   USA
This stuff drives me INSANE ! ! ! I've been to "visit" more guys than I can count in order to "resolve" shit like this ! From retrieving rent and security deposits to taking back merchandise sent on consignment. There are WAY too many dirt bags who count on other folks trust, fear, or willingness not to get involved.

Is there NOBODY who lives near this guy who can drop by for a "visit" and make this right for Rene ? ! ? ! ? ! ?

Raulgarci Avatar
Raulgarci Raul Garcia
Tijuana, B.C., Mexico   MEX
1958 MG MGA
1960 MG MGA
1972 MG MGB
May be a good idea that some members of this forum start calling this guy to put some pressure on him!!!

mgainaussie Avatar
mgainaussie Gary Lock
Gold Coast, Australia   AUS
According to the NAMGAR member listing, there is a member in Prior Lake.

Blueosprey90 Avatar
Blueosprey90 Jeff Sienkiewicz
New Milford, CT, USA   USA
Rene,

I'm not sure that we fully understand your problem

Is this seller a motor vehicle dealer or a private individual?

If he is a dealer, he would need a license from the State of Minnesota, and you should be able to file a complaint with the government agency that regulates dealers. Please see here:

http://www.ag.state.mn.us/consumer/Auto/Default.asp

http://www.ag.state.mn.us/Office/Forms/FraudReport.asp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-06 10:13 AM by Blueosprey90.

RenevH Rene Van Hulzen
Tilak is 69 years old, he has a business but I m not sure if its activ.
He has 30 - 50 british Cars (his own words) and is trading with them. I think he was Doing my deal as a private
Individual

Rene

Stratos Silver Member Randle Roberts
Athens, USA   USA
I googled his phone number and found the address in Prior Lake. Google the address and there is a huge mansion of a house. Interesting!

mgainaussie Avatar
mgainaussie Gary Lock
Gold Coast, Australia   AUS
I've sent an email to the Prior Lake NAMGAR member to see if he can help.

RenevH Rene Van Hulzen
Thanks smiling smiley

wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
I hope you get it resolved, and I think you will, with all this effort, btw could you post a photo of your 57 Fiat, they are kool cars, I almost bought one 40 years ago...still wish I had.smoking smiley

In reply to # 3304253 by RenevH Thanks smiling smiley

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster