Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Grubeguy Avatar
Grubeguy Grube Guy
Washington, DC, USA   USA
Adding another bookmark - the bilge blower motor is a good one to keep socked away. How loud is the thing?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
JRSCA Avatar
JRSCA Silver Member John Smith
Woodstock, ON, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 3533469 by Grubeguy Adding another bookmark - the bilge blower motor is a good one to keep socked away. How loud is the thing?

Not overly loud but you definitely know when it's running.

John

barneymg Avatar
barneymg Barney Gaylord
(Somewhere in USA), Pick one (or more), USA   USA
1958 MG MGA "MGA With An Attitude"
If you switch it on inside of a closed garage, it may seem loud. If you switch it on outdoors, not so much. When engine is running, you may have to switch the blower on and off a coupe of times to make note of the noise difference. Doing road speed you won't notice the blower at all (likely have it switched off). Poking along in stop and stop parade traffic on a hot day. you will hear the blower, and you will be glad it is working. Once you get used to it, the blower noise is just part of the white noise background.

Barney Gaylord - 1958 MGA with an attitude - http://MGAguru.com - barneymg@mgaguru.com

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mgbgt111 Avatar
mgbgt111 c erskine c
pelham, shelby county, USA   USA
Is this turn down elbow available for purchase, or was it a one time fabrication?

Deo Volente

Attachments:
IMG_4088.jpg    30.1 KB
IMG_4088.jpg

jonathan in mass jonathan eagle
weston, ma, USA   USA
Gary,
I really like that.
Is that with a fan or just connected to the ducting?
Is it effective? And what is the fitting you got there?
Jonathan

In reply to # 3532814 by Gary E Another method.

Gary E Avatar
Gary E Silver Member Gary Edwards
Kernersville, ,N.C., USA   USA
Not my car... the pipe looks to be ABS drain pipe.

Gary

simmsbru Avatar
simmsbru Bruce Simms
Shiloh, IL, USA   USA
1960 MG MGA
I put a blower on my A back mid to late 80's and wired it so that the blower switch for the heater turned it on and off in in winter switch it back to the heater. Over the inlet to the heater i found the plackic lid of a coffee can fit perfect. The for the output i used a 3 inch sheet metal fitting like sold at home depot and came through the Clutch/Brake hole on the passagers side and after coming thrugh there had another elbow so i could point where the air was paonted to.

Judge Jeffs Avatar
Judge Jeffs Gold Member Bill Jeffries
Chichester, West Sussex, UK   GBR
1959 MG MGA
I've only just seen this thread and so apologies if what I'm about to say has already been said.
The real answer is to deal with the cause of the cockpit heat and not the symptom and that means fitting the bulkhead insulation mat, floor insulation matting and I would add a heat shield under the floorboards above the exhaust pipe.
My car was awful until I did this and my first drives after completing the restoration were carried out in our hottest days with temperatures in the 90's and it was amazingly different.
It does obviously help if the heater valve cable is correctly adjusted, but insulation is the answer.
Bill.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster