AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Zur Avatar
Zur Silver Member Dave H.
Amarillo, Texas, USA   USA
Yes, beauty...great work!

Dave

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Judge Jeffs Avatar
Judge Jeffs Gold Member Bill Jeffries
Chichester, West Sussex, UK   GBR
1959 MG MGA
Beautiful! The bit I enjoyed most.

3066james Avatar
3066james Jim Cheatham
Amelia, VA, USA   USA
Yesterday, I drove to a club outing at Grace Estate Winery west of Charlottesville, VA which ended up being over 200 miles round trip. There were members of Central Virginia British Car Club and Shenandoah Valley British Car Club. A total of about 20 British cars were there including MGs, Triumphs, and a couple of Classic Minis.

My Coupe ran great all day. I now have put about 400 miles on her since finishing the restoration.

Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-17 02:49 PM by 3066james.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_5482.JPG    73.7 KB
IMG_5482.JPG

Judge Jeffs Avatar
1959 MG MGA
I too completed 400 miles today and got the car on to axle stands to have a good check and adjust and make sure everything was tight.
To my horror (but not surprise) I found the rubber dust seals on the king pins are already perishing! I guess I must've fitted them about three years ago when the chassis was completed.
So although I've only just got it on the road the crap rubber is already showing its hand....thank you China!
Otherwise apart from a tiny oil drip from not sure where, it's all great and drives like a dream.
Happy days!
Bill.

TCtrundle Avatar
TCtrundle David B
Commack, NY, USA   USA
I noticed the rubber seals are deteriorating on my car too. The last ones actually still look good at 20+ years.
This may also explain the overpopulation issues in China

Zur Avatar
Zur Silver Member Dave H.
Amarillo, Texas, USA   USA
Now, that's funny...I don't care who you are!

In reply to # 3553784 by TCtrundle I noticed the rubber seals are deteriorating on my car too. The last ones actually still look good at 20+ years.
This may also explain the overpopulation issues in China

Dave

vdubmga Avatar
vdubmga v wasem
46N1165W, WA, USA   USA
1924 Other Not Listed "1924 Cat 2-ton"
1956 Other Not Listed "1956 John Deere 420"
1961 MG MGA 1600
1967 MG MGB GT
Ditto... LOL

59mgaguy Avatar
59mgaguy John Terschak
Wakeman, Ohio, USA   USA
1930 Ford Model A "Jenny"
1959 MG 14/28 "Jessie"
1974 MG MGB "Oooops"
In reply to # 3553093 by 3066james Yesterday, I drove to a club outing at Grace Estate Winery west of Charlottesville, VA which ended up being over 200 miles round trip. There were members of Central Virginia British Car Club and Shenandoah Valley British Car Club. A total of about 20 British cars were there including MGs, Triumphs, and a couple of Classic Minis.

My Coupe ran great all day. I now have put about 400 miles on her since finishing the restoration.

Jim

So Jim how did you make out at the show?

John

3066james Avatar
3066james Jim Cheatham
Amelia, VA, USA   USA
John,
The Grace Estate Winery event was not a judged show. Are you asking about Moss Motorfest? That's the only show I've taken the coupe to. I was lucky enough to come in 1st in class at Moss out of 15 or 16 MGAs.

Jim

lndamarch Avatar
lndamarch Linda March
Mesa, AZ, USA   USA
1958 MG MGA 1500 "Bessie"
Looked in on my engine at one shop, took my driver seat frame to my welder to fix a couple of broken welds and picked up my freshly powder coated chassis from them and took it to my mechanic to start the reassembly to a rolling chassis.

mgpatje Avatar
mgpatje Pat W
Heerlen, Limburg, Netherlands   NLD
1960 MG MGA 1600 "Marie"
1969 MG MGC "Margret"
1977 Jaguar XJ6 Series 2
Bought some parts for mga's

Attachments:
DSCF0751.JPG    78.6 KB
DSCF0751.JPG

mgaex189 Avatar
mgaex189 Platinum Member Giovanni Delicio
Obrigheim, Rheinpfalz, Germany   DEU
1955 MG MGA 1500 "C2"
1955 MG MGA 1500
1955 MG MGA 1500 "C1"
1960 MG MGA 1600 Coupe    & more
Hi Pat,

this is a good early 1500 Body !!

Could you check for the Body# and let me know ?

Thanks

Gio

3066james Avatar
3066james Jim Cheatham
Amelia, VA, USA   USA
Last weekend, a friend and fellow MGA Coupe owner told me about an old issue of Automobile Quarterly that has several articles on MGA Coupe history. It's Volume 29, Number 1 from January 1991. One of the featured cars is Mineral Blue like mine so I was very interested in finding a copy. I found a "like new" copy of it on Amazon and bought it. It arrived yesterday and is very interesting reading. The articles were written by MGA Coupe expert and enthusiast, Jonathan A. Stein.

Jim

Attachments:
IMG_5558.JPG    36.7 KB
IMG_5558.JPG

IMG_5559.JPG    35.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_5560.JPG    47.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Judge Jeffs Avatar
1959 MG MGA
Clocked up 400 miles, so changed oil & filter.
Received my new crank handle from NTG Services - superb and a thing of beauty!
This is a quality part, which is a pleasure when there's so much rubbish on the market.

Attachments:
IMG_2187.JPG    34.1 KB
IMG_2187.JPG

mgpatje Avatar
mgpatje Pat W
Heerlen, Limburg, Netherlands   NLD
1960 MG MGA 1600 "Marie"
1969 MG MGC "Margret"
1977 Jaguar XJ6 Series 2
PM Gio, but how do you see it is a 1500 body? The rear wing lights?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster