AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Wray Avatar
Wray Gold Member Wray Lemke
., SC, USA   USA
Looked like bed liner to me.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Thurlowb Avatar
Thurlowb Silver Member Brad Thurlow
Coquitlam, BC, Canada   CAN
Looks like they removed the exhaust, taped up the gearbox...then poorly sprayed the entire bottom of the car with flat black/undercoat. I bet there is a lot of nasty hiding under that.

pinkyponk Avatar
pinkyponk Gold Member Adrian Page
Berwick, NS, Canada   CAN
And an engine bay full of gear clamps.

Adrian

Home built Eaton M62 Supercharger with 9psi boost, "stock" high ratio rocker arms, 8:1 compression, Piper 270 cam, ported head, matched manifolds, CB Performance computerized ignition.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
DrewM Avatar
DrewM Silver Member Drew Maddock
74 MGB roadster, Southern California, USA   USA
Don't offer a penny over $30k. tongue sticking out smiley

Drew Maddock, So. Calif. USofA

MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
Wasn't this linked a few days back and Rob explained who the consignors were????????????see #23

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell (with extensive bodywork to come). Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. And a whole lot more to yet to come. Stealth is the word.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-13 06:03 AM by MGB567.

Soling2003 Avatar
Soling2003 Gary M
Pahoa, HI, USA   USA
Someone spent a lot of time doing a piss poor job on the paint. Lot’s of orange peel and I hope my body work comes out better than that! If the owner is ok with how it came out and everything, then fine. Just like what has been said on here many many times, it is your car, you can do with it what you want. Anyone who looks at it and wants to spend that kind of money I’m sure will see all of the flaws and wont buy it for that amount, so not to worry. If someone does, then they have more money than sense. Serves them right then.

But if you look at how much it would cost for a shop to do the work, however sloppy it is, the owner probably has a least that much into it if not more. Too bad it wasn’t done better is all.

ohlord Avatar
ohlord Gold Member Rob C
North of Seattle, N.W., USA   USA
1957 Land Rover Series I "EYEYIYI"
1971 MG MGB
1971 MG MGB "Bedouin 2"
If they have that much into it they need to have their head candled.

"I'm a long way gone down this wild road I'm on
It's gonna take me where I'm bound
It's a long way around"

"These are the days that must happen to you"

RD2 Radar/ Electronic Warfare Technician
Vietnam 1969-1972

Rob-USLE Avatar
Rob-USLE Rob DE JOODE
Rotterdam, ZH, Netherlands   NLD
Don't worry this bunch of clever people will sell it anyway rather soon.
I know them and their way of doing business, a rather arrogant bunch, but they sell most of their cars to other countries.
I sold them an LE with fautly gearbox and warn out clutch and they sold it a week later for double the money and a friend of mine sold his 73 B their after a respray it went for USD 15,000 more out of the country within three weeks after their purchase.

There is another dealer in the north of Holland also selling so-so cars for a lot of money.

tvrgeek Avatar
tvrgeek Silver Member Scott S
Hillsborough, North Carolinia, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB
Push button outside doors are OK for 65, inner door is not.

Would not a 65 had fender mirror, not late door mirror. Undercoat clearly hiding rust.

May be a OK $9000 driver if the engine was done. Of course, something is worth what someone pays for it. If theyget what they ask, then we can up our insurance by 5 times!

Cogito ergo sum periculoso

Ray in PA Avatar
Ray in PA Raymond Franks
Drums, PA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB "The Golden Chariot"
1992 Jeep Cherokee "Silver Fox"
2004 Subaru Outback "Subie"
I just looked at the pictures, and can't get over how poorly the chrome strip on the right front fender is installed. The whole thing looks too high, and doesn't line up with what's on the door. For 40 grand? Nah....

lewk Avatar
lewk Silver Member Keith Lewis
Cambridge, ON, Canada   CAN
NO!

Rob-USLE Avatar
Rob-USLE Rob DE JOODE
Rotterdam, ZH, Netherlands   NLD
Most entertaining is how the rearbumper is fitted eye rolling smiley

onedobb Brian Voss
Goodrich, MI, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB
Unless it's just me, the front driver side bumper seems to point down. One door doesn't seem to line up correctly. Driver reverse light doesn't appear to be square. I"m not experienced enough to know if it should even have one. Something seems wrong with the driver side rear bumper, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Sure seems to stand pretty tall, and this is coming from someone who drives a RBB. Dashboard seems funny, and the cover is missing below the passenger footwell behind the glove box. Almost positive the heater metal hose on top of the engine valve cover is installed backwards. Something around the fuse box area also appears to be falling off. Gas tank sure looks like what I just installed on my 1978 MGB. I know that style was only for a late model MGB. I won't be parting with 40k for that car. Not even with a 50% discount.

Brian

albeegreen1 Avatar
albeegreen1 Gold Member bob tresch
bordentown, NJ, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB MkIII "ALBERT"
I always say if your gonna command a high price it better be done correct. It isn't. Looks like it was stored in a wet container. You also have to remember labor rates in England. Maybe 15-20K tops.

kirks-auto Platinum Member Robert Kirk
Davenport, IA, USA   USA
Buyer beware. A Sow's horse's ear does not make a silk purse. They missed it out of the gate!

Definition of cabriolet
1 : a light 2-wheeled one-horse carriage with a folding leather hood, a large rigid shield in front of the seat, and upward-curving shafts

Regards,
Robert Kirk

kirkbrit@yahoo.com
E-mail PLEASE for quote/questions/orders

Business phone 563 323 1017
cell 563 940 1864

http://kirks-auto.com/
Moss distributor/UK importer
Beat or match any retail/delivered quote

Member Services:
Parts for your classic British and Italian car. 30 years in business.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1979 MG MGB Limited Edition LE

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links