AutoShrine Sponsor

sweep Avatar
sweep Gold Member Chris W
Gosford, NSW, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB "Basil"
2013 Volkswagen Tiguan
2015 Audi A3
What a dodgy ad!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1970-MGB-GT-sports-Mk2-4-speed-w-o-d-coupe-suit-MG-datsun-austin-triumph/323049797779?hash=item4b3744b893:g:cYgAAOSwGrdadUyU

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

To the intelligent person, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bruce L. Wiley Avatar
Bruce L. Wiley Bruce Wiley
Vidalia, LA, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB "Daisy"
Apparently so, it's been removed.

"It's not ownership, it's a relationship."

dryden Avatar
dryden Clive Dryden-Chouen
Gloucester, Forest of Dean, UK   GBR
Apart from the title, ( and coupe, datsun, austin triumph are probably to widen the search potential ) the car looks OK. But to claim it has original paint when it seems to be white under the bonnet........

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
melbaver Avatar
melbaver Gold Member Chris Howells
Broadwater NSW, Australia   AUS
1968 MG MGB "Moneypit"
1996 Jeep Cherokee "Shopping Trolley"
Not a GT, see they've corrected the 1970 back to much more desirable 1963 pull handle, did they have o/d on early CKD cars?

Chris Howells

1968 MGB Purchased already dis-assembled but which is largely back together so I'm a lot less ignorant.

melbaver Avatar
melbaver Gold Member Chris Howells
Broadwater NSW, Australia   AUS
1968 MG MGB "Moneypit"
1996 Jeep Cherokee "Shopping Trolley"
Retro=fitted horn and hi-lo beam on to steering column stalk, ,

Chris Howells

1968 MGB Purchased already dis-assembled but which is largely back together so I'm a lot less ignorant.

MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
I stuck it on my watch list just to see what it goes for. I have a hankering for an early pull handle but not yet as the V8 needs finishing.

PS I haven't looked to see how original it is but that "original paint from factory" and "original wheels with stickers" could be game changers smiling bouncing smiley

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell (with extensive bodywork to come). Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. And a whole lot more to yet to come. Stealth is the word.

spikemichael Avatar
spikemichael Platinum Member Michael Caputo
Ocean Shores, WA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB "Freebie"
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Spike"
1979 MG MGB "MegaBeanie"    & more
9000 AU? A tad steep?

Michael J. Caputo
'79 RBB and '73 CBB owner with extensive experience in 12v Audio System design and installation.
Vendor of Regalia and Promotional Products. Forum Member with a warped sense of humor.

Member Services:
Pre-Order NOW for shipping in early December! Call me at 978-249-5760 PST for help with your Weber DGV Carburetor, questions about the calendar or just to talk MGBs!
little G Avatar
little G Charlie T
queensland, QLD, Australia   AUS
1964 MG MGB "Little G"
Not for here if it is a MK1
In reply to # 3677087 by spikemichael 9000 AU? A tad steep?

little G Avatar
little G Charlie T
1964 MG MGB "Little G"
I am starting to like that iris blue type colour more and more every time I see it ....especially with white walls .....like Jim's

He has made it look a bit gay with the white tops ...would be much nicer with dark blue tops

The panels don't line up like mine , which makes me doubt the no rust thing .
WTF are those things in the bonnet ??...surely not bonnet pins ??
I thought the steering wheels on the early MK1's were 3 3 spokes and 2 spokes on the bottom ??...did they come out with that wheel ??
Also I thought the iris blue 63's also came with dark blue interior over here also ....though I suppose you could special order ?
He will get his money for that ...probably more

dryden Avatar
dryden Clive Dryden-Chouen
Gloucester, Forest of Dean, UK   GBR
They are asking £15,000 _ £20,000 for good Mk1s here in the UK .........according to e-bay 9,000 Aus is less than £6,000.

Woodypear Avatar
Woodypear Gold Member Roger Sharpe
EUNGELLA, QLD, Australia   AUS
I've just got telecommunications! (phone line been out all week). I saw the ad and noticed the number up the top. Taking the first four numbers, they seemed like UK chassis numbers, making the car a 1963 vehicle. Checked my registry and guessed that it was YGHN3 559 (59th car assembled in Australia), first registered 10th Sep, 1963 in Victoria. The Telstra technician has just left so I rang the owner to compare his ID plate with my guess. Perfect match!

Woodypear Avatar
Woodypear Gold Member Roger Sharpe
EUNGELLA, QLD, Australia   AUS
Change the last statement in the previous post. I just received a photo of the ID plate and the numbers are different from those I had read to the owner. Here are the details
YGHN3 1002 (UK chassis no. 23244)
Engine No. 18G/U/H 23840
Colour 1/BLACK/1
Date Feb 1964

rdgreen Avatar
rdgreen Robert Green
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia   AUS
So his first point of it being an unrestored blue 1963 car turns out to not be true (originally a 1964 painted black)....why would you believe anything else the ad says?

little G Avatar
little G Charlie T
1964 MG MGB "Little G"
sellers must hate sites like this and MGB Aust . ...or the shonky sellers anyway lololololololol....maybe he bought it that way , had no interest to delve deeper and knows no different ??

sweep Avatar
sweep Gold Member Chris W
Gosford, NSW, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB "Basil"
2013 Volkswagen Tiguan
2015 Audi A3
In reply to # 3676914 by MGB567 I stuck it on my watch list just to see what it goes for. I have a hankering for an early pull handle but not yet as the V8 needs finishing.

PS I haven't looked to see how original it is but that "original paint from factory" and "original wheels with stickers" could be game changers smiling bouncing smiley

Those stickers were the same as the stickers that were on my new 15" from MWS.

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

To the intelligent person, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1968 MG MGC GT

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links