AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

MG-Maxx Avatar
MG-Maxx Silver Member Charles Waugh
West Haven, CT, USA   USA
1979 MG MGB MkIII "Rumpelstiltskin"
2008 Chevrolet HHR
Welcome

I like the black out look on the trim and mirrors. I have a 79 white (well parts are still white) B that I have done the bumper, trim and side marker removal. Plan on shaving the rear of all but tail lights, including gas cap and license plate.

Most items on the B can be rebuilt, where the 'new' parts are of various quality. All depends on what you are comfortable with, Remember "NEW stands for Never Ever Worked", to quote the Car Doctor.....

Again, welcome... It is surprising how little horsepower is needed to have fun! smiling bouncing smiley That being said, I have dropped a V6 in mine and am adding turbo(s).eye popping smileysmoking smiley Ok, if its fun with a little, more has to be better....devil smiley

Chuck
Hamden, CT

79 MGB - Rumpelstiltskin
Just awakened after a 10 year slumber.
GM 60V6 Gen 3 - 3.5L EFI V6 T-5.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
angliagt Avatar
angliagt Doug Milota
Roanoke, VA, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB GT "The MG"
1974 MG Midget MkIII "The Midget"
I also like that stripe design - almost bought a Yellow B with one.

rbastedo Avatar
rbastedo Rick Bastedo
Snoqualmie, WA, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB
I also have an '80 MGB roadster.
I've left the body alone, it was in pretty good shape from 25 feet.
I replaced the water pump, alternator, clutch slave, brake master & booster, front pads.
I wanted more kick in the pants so I replaced the carburetor with a pair of HIF4's from a '74 along with the exhaust from '74.
One thing that got me was that temperature switch at the top of the radiator, if you don't choose to replace it out of caution I'd at least order a new one and the keeper piece to hold it in place.
Imagine all the coolant being expelled through that hole at speed.
Nice looking MG, hope you make it everything you desire!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bruce Cunha Avatar
placerville, CA, USA   USA
Clinton.

Nice B. You have a couple of great MG car clubs in your neck of WI. Milwaukee and Great Lakes MG Motor Car Group out of Milwaukee, http://www.mg3club.org/current-events/. And the Fox Cities British Car Club up in Oshkosh. (they have a fantastic workshop/clubhouse) http://foxbrits.com/

I did most of my restoration on my 67 GT at the Fox Cities clubhouse.

MG's do great in Wisconsin as long as you get them in prior to the road salt season.

Bruce E. Cunha

mgdriver67 Avatar
mgdriver67 Silver Member Stephen Farrell
Pensacola, FL, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB MkI "Lulu"
2016 Volkswagen GTI
2017 Honda Ridgeline 4WD "Mom's Truck"
A white car with the stripe and RB is appealing to me. That could be an awesome V6 or Small V8 conversion when it comes time to upgrade or replace its current power plant. Looks like you made a good buy with only minor bodywork needed. enjoy the hobby.

Paul755 Paul H
Richmond, VA, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB MkIII
1979 MG MGB MkIV "Nemesis"
Looks nice without the rear luggage rack. I always think that the luggage rack spoils the lines of an MGB.

clinghoffer Clinton P
Port Washington, WI, USA   USA
Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement!

I've made some progress on disassembly and gathered (or ordered) the parts that I need to bring it all together. I'm truly amazed at how much information is available on this site!

I've tried to find this out, but haven't had any luck answering it on my own. Is there a market for the bumpers? Both front and back are in good condition but so heavy I wouldn't want to ship them - maybe Craigslist would be best. How about the seats? Original covers without rips or tears. The foam is broken down on the driver's side, but the original webbing is intact. Is there a way to disassemble without ruining the covers?

Current plan is bumperless with Preform rear valance, modified early front metal valance, and Fiero seats with cloth from Mr Mike.

clinghoffer Clinton P
Port Washington, WI, USA   USA
Oh, and by disassemble I mean take the seat back off from the seat base. I don't wish to take off the covers.smiling smiley

ohlord Avatar
ohlord Gold Member Rob C
North of Seattle, N.W., USA   USA
1957 Land Rover Series I "EYEYIYI"
1971 MG MGB
1971 MG MGB "Bedouin 2"
No market for either.
Dump

"I'm a long way gone down this wild road I'm on
It's gonna take me where I'm bound
It's a long way around"

"These are the days that must happen to you"

RD2 Radar/ Electronic Warfare Technician
Vietnam 1969-1972

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1977 MG MGB

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links