Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

GTgeezer Avatar
GTgeezer Lynn Kirkpatrick
Columbia City, Indiana, USA   USA
A recent topic on here got me watching the MG is Born series. But the 2nd episode, part 1 is blocked by some copyright snafu. Does anyone know of a link to it? The link I have been watching follows:

https://justbritish.com/reference/an-mg-is-born/

Thanks

Don't confuse me with facts. I've already made up my mind.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
I didn't watch it as I have my own copy but only a few days ago Gavin Vincent loaded all episodes in one link here - is that the link you refer to?

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell (with extensive bodywork to come). Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. And a whole lot more to yet to come. Stealth is the word.

clinghoffer Clinton P
Port Washington, WI, USA   USA
I think that's what got us looking at this. Gavin linked the first episode, but when you try to watch the entire series, Episode 2, part 1 has been removed from YouTube.

I have found an import version on Amazon. I'd be willing to buy someone's copy here if they don't wish to own it anymore smiling smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
JoeReed Avatar
JoeReed Gold Member Joe Reed
Cordova, Tennessee, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB "Kermit"
PM sent

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-12 07:14 PM by JoeReed.

clinghoffer Clinton P
Port Washington, WI, USA   USA
Oh my goodness. I just realized that my first post on here was asking for something other than advice. I need to write up a thread on my build and offer up my unused parts!

I've gotten so much useful information on here already - need to be a supporting member

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-12 08:50 PM by clinghoffer.

ohlord Avatar
ohlord Gold Member Rob C
North of Seattle, N.W., USA   USA
1957 Land Rover Series I "EYEYIYI"
1971 MG MGB
1971 MG MGB "Bedouin 2"
Its all on youtube
Some have it an parts 1,2,3 etc.
Just search a few.

"I'm a long way gone down this wild road I'm on
It's gonna take me where I'm bound
It's a long way around"

"These are the days that must happen to you"

RD2 Radar/ Electronic Warfare Technician
Vietnam 1969-1972

MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
See the resurrected topic "new soft top installation"? In it there's another link to Born via Youtube and it purports to have all episodes - I didn't check.

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell (with extensive bodywork to come). Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. And a whole lot more to yet to come. Stealth is the word.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-13 01:27 AM by MGB567.

melbaver Avatar
melbaver Gold Member Chris Howells
Broadwater NSW, Australia   AUS
1968 MG MGB "Moneypit"
1996 Jeep Cherokee "Shopping Trolley"
In reply to # 3660759 by clinghoffer Oh my goodness. I just realized that my first post on here was asking for something other than advice. I need to write up a thread on my build and offer up my unused parts!

I've gotten so much useful information on here already - need to be a supporting member

Playing with your pecker will do that Woody. Tap, Tap, Tap.

Chris Howells

1968 MGB Purchased already dis-assembled but which is largely back together so I'm a lot less ignorant.

Donthuis Avatar
Donthuis Don van Riet
Rijswijk, ZH, Netherlands   NLD
I looked at the whole series last year and all parts were still unblocked at the time. Strange why this changed eye popping smiley
Most YouTube blocks come on music or video's still being used commercially for CD's or DVD's (I got blocks on some of my own Pavarotti and Horowitz uploads in the past), this seems different.

My old MGB vacation movie was once moved to blocked status, because I used period-true music by Michelle Torre, a female French artist of which I even had bought the right (CD) copy via Apple. confused smiley
The only solution to me was defining such a video as "hidden" and inviting interested persons via a direct link to view it. The block then no longer worked.

Another option is to define a video as "private" and invite viewers by mail with an embedded link, something I used for my wife's family meeting long ago for a number of years..

I wonder whether the same applies to this MG "Saga is Born" list of video's and in which way this Duke company had YouTube activate the block (it is not hidden) eye rolling smiley

In reply to # 3660699 by GTgeezer A recent topic on here got me watching the MG is Born series. But the 2nd episode, part 1 is blocked by some copyright snafu. Does anyone know of a link to it? The link I have been watching follows:

https://justbritish.com/reference/an-mg-is-born/

Thanks

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-13 10:06 AM by Donthuis.

albeegreen1 Avatar
albeegreen1 Gold Member bob tresch
bordentown, nj, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB MkIII "ALBERT"
I found not to pay concern to the episode numbers. They may jump. Write down where you stopped off at. This was with all on You Tube. Them again those zany British. I found the overdrive shop Mark attends fascinating.

bug88 Avatar
bug88 Silver Member Chas T
south central, IN, USA   USA
1975 MG MGB "Baby"
How do u D/L them on an iPad to watch later offline?

Less personal info on the net the better……}

mgbtf Avatar
mgbtf Silver Member Dave Kalp
Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA   USA
1969 MG MGC GT
1980 MG MGB
Lynn,

I just checked my YOU TUBE and discovered that Ep 2 part 1 is also blocked there.

bug88 Avatar
bug88 Silver Member Chas T
south central, IN, USA   USA
1975 MG MGB "Baby"
As well as 4.1

Less personal info on the net the better……}

nickj Avatar
nickj Gold Member Nick Jenkins
Novato, Marin Co, CA, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB GT
1972 MG MGB
I just got my copy of the DVD. About $20 from the UK. Very cool.

acousticpunker00 Avatar
acousticpunker00 Jordan Kleinhans
Saint Augustine, Florida, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB "Bee"
1997 Jeep Wrangler "Jerp"
2006 Mazda 3 "Clarence"
I’ve got a playlist on YouTube:
?list=PLF195A5CD072396ED

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster