AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Andrew73B Avatar
Andrew73B Gold Member Andrew Milne
St.-Lazare, QC, Canada   CAN
1973 MG MGB "Barbie Car"
Mostly clean, not 100%, a quick squirt and rub with a detailer spray and Bob's your uncle! Vacuum about every 4-5 weeks. Don't want grunge thoughsmileys with beer

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
danthefitman Avatar
danthefitman Dan H
Portland, OR, USA   USA
1979 MG MGB MkIII "Simply, A Great B!"
Oh, and no posts on a car forum is meant to create conversation, just choppy bulleted answers. Okay, sure Barry. Maybe we should talk in binary code? Be simpler, less calories burned.

In reply to # 3660504 by barrybarnes Is this one of the sort of post that are designed to generate conversation and replies? Otherwise, I'm having a bit of a hard time making any sense of it.

1st Place Winner ABFM Portland Oregon 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016!
Email me for questions or needs, I'll respond promptly! dan@allpointsorganized.com
Life. Positively in order.

danthefitman Avatar
danthefitman Dan H
Portland, OR, USA   USA
Classy answer Pete.

In reply to # 3660760 by NOHOME I don’t wash them. I restore them. Washing a car offers no challenge and much like jerking-off, may leave a sense of well being, but in fact creates nothing new.

Pete

1st Place Winner ABFM Portland Oregon 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016!
Email me for questions or needs, I'll respond promptly! dan@allpointsorganized.com

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
deo-pa Avatar
deo-pa Dennis Owen
Hummelstown, PA, USA   USA
1969 MG MGB
Sometimes MGs are like windows.

Dennis

Dennis Owen (Hummelstown, PA)
1969 MGB
Essentially stock but de-smogged.
Turned into a wonderful driver by our own Jack Austin.

Attachments:
Held Together by Dirt.jpg    19.1 KB
Held Together by Dirt.jpg

Ghent, Ovl, Belgium   BEL
1965 MG MGB "Period Correct Crossflow Beast"
1976 MG MGB GT V8 "Factory V8 With A Twist"
My time to spend on/with the MGs is very limited (due to work).
So, every time I go to get it out of the garage, I wonder "shouldn't I clean it first?"
Most of the times, I decide to clean it before putting it away, but then I have so much fun driving it, I don't have any time left at the end to clean it smiling smiley

Surprisingly, today is different> I've agreed with a friend to bring our cars to my place and wash them, while having a beer and a talk - think this might work but you never know...

The beatings will continue until moral improves!

tahoe36c Avatar
tahoe36c Paul Hruza
Panama City, FL, USA   USA
1969 MG MGC GT "Little Red Rocket..."
1972 MG MGB GT "Tiny Dancer"
2002 Harley-Davidson Dyna
Because I am busy scrubbing the rest of the alphabet... Next time how about if we ask, "Do you measure your tire tread depth before every ride?" or "when was the last time you went to Wal Mart to buy the wife some tampons in your B and did it start to rain on the way home"?

Or...

Now that Domino's has pizza insurance, did you have an extra large, double cheese meat lover's pie fly out of your passenger seat last Friday and make a claim????

tampaguy Avatar
tampaguy Jack Shea
Elgin, OR, USA   USA
Photo of my GT and it’s previous long term owner. Joe converted the former track car back to road legal use in the early 70’s. Cosmetics where of no concern to him, he focused on the mechanics such as converting to steel wheels from wires and rebuilding the drivetrain. Since receiving the car I have replaced numerous incorrect parts but have left the car mostly as Joe kept it. Every time I slide into it I get a smile and think and thank Joe for keeping the flame burning.

Attachments:
2A8785C5-9C3D-482C-A798-3124AC7165E0.jpeg    48.7 KB
2A8785C5-9C3D-482C-A798-3124AC7165E0.jpeg

1E87A83E-0133-4F3A-B5C1-9B3E28861ECC.jpeg    57.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
tahoe36c Avatar
tahoe36c Paul Hruza
Yes Jack!!! But do you keep it clean??? moon

HiPowerShooter Avatar
HiPowerShooter Gold Member James Booker
Lake Winneconne, WI, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB
It's usually "clean" but certainly not "detailed". No need. That's the purview of the car show crowd which is tantamount to nails on a chalkboard to me. There's "clean" and maintained...then there's the obsessive.

"One test is worth a thousand expert opinions"--Alvin "Tex" Johnston...Boeing test pilot.

73 MGB. Tires: Round, black, hold air. Oil: Sometimes old, sometimes new...always slippery. Oil filter: Yellow, usually full of oil. Carbs: 2 SU HIF. Distributor: Yes. Headlights: Not that bright but bright enough. A bunch of other stuff most cars have but not really important enough to itemize. Oh, wait...it has a cool sounding exhaust with stickers on the chrome tips. Really slays the ladies...

danthefitman Avatar
danthefitman Dan H
Portland, OR, USA   USA
I actually have an electron microscope mounted above my car, which counts all of the various dust particles, so I can count them and then clean them off of my car. So, I don't clean it, because it never gets soiled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-14 12:11 PM by danthefitman.

danthefitman Avatar
danthefitman Dan H
Portland, OR, USA   USA
Your response is quite funny Paul, thanks for the laughs!

In reply to # 3661620 by tahoe36c Because I am busy scrubbing the rest of the alphabet... Next time how about if we ask, "Do you measure your tire tread depth before every ride?" or "when was the last time you went to Wal Mart to buy the wife some tampons in your B and did it start to rain on the way home"?

Or...

Now that Domino's has pizza insurance, did you have an extra large, double cheese meat lover's pie fly out of your passenger seat last Friday and make a claim????

Rick Fawthrop Avatar
Rick Fawthrop Gold Member Richard Fawthrop
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
Several different reasons.
The first is an unheated garage.
The second is that I have two spots that require paint repair. Basically a chip on each front fender.
I don’t want to load the wax on if I decide to paint the fenders and blend into the adjacent panels.
But the car is cleaner than 95% of the MGBs out there. Mostly because of not being driven in the rain for the last 10 years.
The annoying thing is that I need to move the door in because of a rub on the fender.
I am not looking forward to that job.

Andrys Posthuma Avatar
Delft, Z-H, Netherlands   NLD
1935 MG N-Type Magnette
1969 Jaguar E-Type 2+2 "The E"
1976 MG MGB GT "The B"
Dan, that sure is a properly detailed car thumbs up

Of the three human species: the wrencher, the (rally/race)driver, and the waxer, put me in the wrencher family tree. I don't keep my B as clean as it can be because I am too busy wrenching.

Rephrase your question "is this B as clean as it can B" to "is this diff running as smooth as it can". You get the picture smiling smiley

PS - that running board was handcrafted by me. That's what I do with my spare time.

Attachments:
DSC_0368.JPG    38.1 KB
DSC_0368.JPG

tahoe36c Avatar
tahoe36c Paul Hruza
I was taught at a very young age to keep my "bottom" clean... Nothing worse than a chafed ass!! moon

Attachments:
P1000978.JPG    48 KB
P1000978.JPG

TonyV Avatar
TonyV Tony V
Rutherford, NJ, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB
I do keep my B clean. It's my other car that looks like crap!

Attachments:
WM.jpg    56.4 KB
WM.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster