Fifty shades of Grey
  This topic is about my 1979 MG MGB MkIV
peter8004 Avatar
peter8004 Peter Dhama
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1973 MG MGB "4th Time"
1973 MG MGB
1979 MG MGB MkIV
Ok it not about the movie but the right Grey colour to restore my 1979 LE wheels. Now, I was fortunate enough to buy an LE new and that cars wheels were a lighter grey that some grays that I have seen on cars since. I believe the correct factory colour is Argent Silver but an not sure. In Ken Smith book it mentions this as the correct paint. I do not want to use other substitutes if I can find and apply the colour the wheels were painted from the factory. I am having the wheels professionally restored so paint colour is important.
Any sight would be appreciated.
Peter.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
rsvmgb1974 Avatar
rsvmgb1974 Silver Member Robert Vining
Capon Bridge, Capon Bridge, USA   USA
I'm not any help on the correct grey shade Peter but I do admire your LE.

I have owned two, one bought at 95K miles the other with 34K. My biggest problem with the wheels was that the clear coat kept peeling off. You bought yours new back in 1979 or did you mean new condition?

peter8004 Avatar
peter8004 Peter Dhama
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1973 MG MGB "4th Time"
1973 MG MGB
1979 MG MGB MkIV
No, in fact I bought my car new. In was in the local MG dealers showroom at the time and I drove by it on my way to work everyday until I finally decided to drop in. Just a little over 9 grand later the car was in my driveway Feb 1980. Canadian cars were numbered 1-250. My first car was 233 which was the car I purchased new. This car is number 224 of that group of cars. All Canadian cars had tan interiors and overdrive. The speedo were in kilometers. The number on the badge matched the VIN on the car. In Canada LE's are very sought after as they were only available for one year. The car i have now was had two previous owners and has 38,000 miles. Its all original including paint. The wheels are in great shape but I want them perfect. A bit stupid but what the hell. lol

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster