AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

rocannon Avatar
rocannon Platinum Member Frank L
Inconveniently located in the wilderness, Oklahoma, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB GT "GT From Hell"
1980 MG MGB "Restored By Photoshop Inc."
eye rolling smiley

In reply to # 3639111 by ACE2 You could always adjust the right and left tie rod ends to center the wheel. You might lose some travel on one side. I wouldn't worry about it not being centered as long as it tracks straight. If it doesn't, there are other issues. The main thing to worry about is the structural integrity of the unit body. Make sure the floor pans are hole free and that there are no rust spots or holes in the rocker panel assemblies. The doors should have even gaps and open and close smoothly.

“If you stumble, make it part of the dance. “

Do Aliens Have Inalienable Rights?

"... cohomology rings of smooth projective algebraic varieties ..."

“Where did the public good enter into all this maze of personal intrigue, this wilderness of stunted natures where no straight road is to be found, but only the tortuous and aimless travels of beasts and things that crawl?”

“If you are not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.”

“Yes, another great idea destroyed by a simple set of facts."

“All of us at one time or another have had a sense of déjà vu, a feeling that this has happened before, that this has happened before, that this has happened before."

TANSTAAFL !

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
fordgt Avatar
fordgt Gold Member Gary Ford
Gainesville, FL, USA   USA
1969 MG MGB
1969 MG MGB
In reply to # 3639152 by Taddeo She and the car left together and I didn’t really miss either.

I still miss my ex......
but my aim is improving.

I aspire to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Gary
1974 DeTomaso Pantera (done!!)
1969 MGB (almost finished!!)
1973 Cougar XR7 Ragtop (next project in line)

Gokart Avatar
Gokart Rob Illingworth
Palmerston North, Manawatu, New Zealand   NZL
The steering wheel is offset to driving position for my RHD car. As already said this was common in this era of cars.

Cheers Rob

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster