Luggage rack 3rd brake light

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

lokiufgator Mike S
Evington, virginia, USA   USA
So I like the looks of the blazer adapted 3rd brake lights for the added safety but it's been done a lot. Looking through all the forum posts on 3rd brake lights I was hoping to find one that had clamps to mount to the luggage rack instead.
Anyone seen one like this? I've been hunting on motorcycle sites too without success.
Thoughts/ help?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
GMB3 Avatar
GMB3 George Badger
Soquel, CA, USA   USA
1965 Jaguar E-Type Coupe "1QUICK E"
1968 MG MGB "1QUICK B"
Check ones that mount on the license plate. The rodders use them a lot. You can get a frame with the light or just a light that bolts to the frame.

---
GEO

ohlord Avatar
ohlord Gold Member Rob C
North of Seattle, N.W., USA   USA
1957 Land Rover Series I "EYEYIYI"
1971 MG MGB
1971 MG MGB "Bedouin 2"
Licence plate mounted isn't exactly a CHMSL

you need them looking ahead not down
Especially down at an MGB

"I'm a long way gone down this wild road I'm on
It's gonna take me where I'm bound
It's a long way around"

"These are the days that must happen to you"

RD2 Radar/ Electronic Warfare Technician
Vietnam 1969-1972

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Third brake light and 3 watt Cree reverse light 1971 Bedouin MGB 001.JPG    27.1 KB
Third brake light and 3 watt Cree reverse light  1971 Bedouin MGB 001.JPG

TonyV Avatar
TonyV Tony V
Rutherford, NJ, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB
I did exactly what Dan K. did in THIS POST. I purchased the same light assembly from rodworx.com, and even though I have a different luggage rack I was able to snake the wire through the rack and into the trunk. Worked out great!

I also added inexpensive LED panels to my tail lights for increased visibility. MORE HERE

DrewM Avatar
DrewM Silver Member Drew Maddock
74 MGB roadster, Southern California, USA   USA
1. LED tail and brake lights
2. A flasher which flashes the brake lights whenever the brakes go on

I have no third brake light, so no suggestions to make in that department. But I did do both of these things for my rear-end safety. A third brake light is a very good idea, but I think brighter brake lights, especially ones that flash a few times, may be as good or better.

Drew Maddock, So. Calif. USofA

lokiufgator Mike S
Evington, virginia, USA   USA
I'm with you on the flashing to get a driver's attention. Added this to my karmann ghia and changed the way people drive behind me. So one is going in that mgb.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FADDOL4/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_3?smid=A2C3OEB0RE1BRS&psc=1
And this is my backup plan if I can't find a good light I like for the luggage rack.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LWJMXGH/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_4?smid=A2ZDMPK9MICO93&psc=1

Idasix Avatar
Idasix Silver Member Dave - Lauretta Smailes
Washington State, USA   USA
1975 MG MGB "Red Rider"
I agree with Drew, I have all LED lights on my car also. I have a brake light flasher and very happy with it. Do a search for it and you will find a ton on Amazon or Super Bright LED's and others. One even has an adjustable flash pattern. Very easy to install.

Dave

warekl Avatar
warekl Silver Member Keith Ware
White Bear Lake Mn, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB GT
1979 MG MGB
HERE is mine.....

USMC ... Semper Fi
79 RB Lowered, HS4s by Dave Braun & "Schlemmerized" 25D Dizzy, 9.5:1 CR, Mild Performance Cam, 18V with OD Tranny.

73 GT in Black Tulip

jmmarch Avatar
jmmarch Silver Member Mike March
Winchester, Virginia, USA   USA
1957 Austin-Healey 100-Six
1976 MG Midget 1500 ~ For Sale ! ~
Mine uses magnets. Light unit was sourced from Rodworx.

Attachments:
IMG_3547.JPG    28.6 KB
IMG_3547.JPG

tedjr Avatar
tedjr Silver Member Ted R. Schneider Jr.
Akron, Ohio, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB "Ruby"
1974 MG MGB GT "The Orphan"
Not the brightest in the daylight (blends in with the luggage rack), but somewhat effective at night.

Purchased the LEDLITZ from AdvanceAuto Parts for about $25
Used a 15/64 drill bit for all the holes

ted

1974 MGB "Ruby" and 1974 MGB GT "Orphan"
Ruby (MGB) Photos
Orphan (MGB GT) Photos
MGExperience Journal
ENMGR

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster