AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

lon1 Avatar
lon1 Lon Smallridge
West Des Moines, Iowa, USA   USA
Bought this in 1997 and still use it.
The phone number no longer works but the ink cartridge, if it's of any help, is marked as being furnished by Retro 1951 http://www.retro51.com/fwi_home.html

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
MG Logo Pen.jpg    76.1 KB
MG Logo Pen.jpg

lawmann Avatar
lawmann Gold Member Shaun Johnson
Kathleen, GA, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB MkIII "Old Blue"
I'll take two!

Shaun Johnson
1972 MGB Tourer, Second Owner

spikemichael Avatar
spikemichael Platinum Member Michael Caputo
Ocean Shores, WA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB "Freebie"
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Spike"
1979 MG MGB "MegaBeanie"    & more
Pen is now listed in the Vendor Market forum!
Go ahead and ask questions here or there but now that it is officially an "item" that is the right place for it.

LINK TO VENDOR MARKET THREAD

Michael J. Caputo
'79 RBB and '73 CBB owner with extensive experience in 12v Audio System design and installation.
Vendor of Regalia and Promotional Products. Forum Member with a warped sense of humor.

Member Services:
Pre-Order NOW for shipping in early December! Call me at 978-249-5760 PST for help with your Weber DGV Carburetor, questions about the calendar or just to talk MGBs!
JoeReed Avatar
JoeReed Gold Member Joe Reed
Cordova, Tennessee, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB "Kermit"
I emailed a link to your site to all the MG owners in the Memphis British Sports Car Club. It'll be interesting to see how many of them end up with the pens.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
spikemichael Avatar
1973 MG MGB "Freebie"
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Spike"
Thanks!

The pens shipped to me. They should be here at the very end of the week or very early next week.
I am writing out labels now.

Anyone want to do the un-boxing video? I'll make sure that pen goes out 'el-first-o'.

Michael J. Caputo
'79 RBB and '73 CBB owner with extensive experience in 12v Audio System design and installation.
Vendor of Regalia and Promotional Products. Forum Member with a warped sense of humor.

Member Services:
Pre-Order NOW for shipping in early December! Call me at 978-249-5760 PST for help with your Weber DGV Carburetor, questions about the calendar or just to talk MGBs!
spikemichael Avatar
1973 MG MGB "Freebie"
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Spike"
UPS did not deliver the pens today as scheduled, they say they will arrive tomorrow.

I will take some quick photos when they arrive but they are not going out tomorrow, will be the next day.

Michael J. Caputo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-30 03:45 AM by spikemichael.

Member Services:
jon11 Avatar
jon11 Platinum Member Jon Rosenthall
Maple, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1970 MG MGB MkII "Neville"
2007 BMW 525i "Fritz"
Mike,
I would take a couple as well.
I would however like to see the finished sample and the logo on the top.
Cheers,
JR

JoeReed Avatar
1978 MG MGB "Kermit"
Got mine yesterday and I'm VERY happy with the result. The pen feels great, writes great and really looks great. I don't think I can do them justice in a photo, but I'll try.

Best $18 pen ever!

Sorry about my lousy photographic skills, but this is the best I can do. The logo under the clear dome is really hard to photograph (at least for me). That part in particular looks much better in person.

If you still want one you might want to hurry. I checked with Michael and he's got about a dozen left out of the 100....

Attachments:
IMG_6701.JPG    15.4 KB
IMG_6701.JPG

IMG_6705.JPG    18.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_6706.JPG    29.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
GMs MG Avatar
GMs MG Gold Member Gary Mackin
Sheridan, Arkansas, USA   USA
1976 MG MGB "Blanche"
I got mine too and am really happy with them. They are well worth the money.. and then some

Gary

GMsMG

spikemichael Avatar
1973 MG MGB "Freebie"
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Spike"
I got an unhappy slap from the USPS, the price to ship a pen outside the country is not $5 more than the USA rate ... hold onto your hats, it is $22.75 to ship a pen outside the USA, $15.50 to Canada.
Price to ship two? $22.75.

I had factored their quote when I set prices but holy crackers, when you charge $23 per pen delivered and the post office hits you for $23 to mail it!!!
This changes the game dramatically.
I won't be able to do shirts outside the borders either for a little while.

I am honoring the $23 price I quoted for foreign shipments on the rest of the pens I have because, hey, my mistake.
The US destinations are shipping for less than USPS originally quoted but it isn't enough to make this offering break even.
This thing needs to be re-thought.

I cannot conscientiously charge $18 in the USA and $36 just because you live in Germany, that isn't right.
But I also cannot continue to sell them to New Zealand for $0.25 each plus $22.75 shipping ... and give PayPal their 3.5%.

Yeah.

It's Merry Christmas to the world from MGBCalendar.com!

Michael J. Caputo

Member Services:
melbaver Avatar
melbaver Gold Member Chris Howells
Broadwater NSW, Australia   AUS
1968 MG MGB "Moneypit"
1996 Jeep Cherokee "Shopping Trolley"
I hope you packed my pens inside my calendar, bugger USPS.

Chris Howells

1968 MGB Purchased already dis-assembled but which is largely back together so I'm a lot less ignorant.

spikemichael Avatar
1973 MG MGB "Freebie"
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Spike"
Chris you are getting a trunk!
Thanks for all the patronage over the past few years. I'll figure something out for shipping this current USPS pricing change is going to put them out of the international parcel business. UPS isn't really convenient at all and Fed Ex is difficult too. I miss the Flying Tigers and DHL.

Michael J. Caputo

Member Services:
benhutcherson Avatar
benhutcherson Gold Member Ben Hutcherson
Louisville/Frankfort, Kentucky, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB
Mine arrived yesterday. They're great looking pens even though I haven't had a chance to try them out.

lawmann Avatar
lawmann Gold Member Shaun Johnson
Kathleen, GA, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB MkIII "Old Blue"
I received mine today, wow! These are great quality!

Thanks for putting this together!

Shaun Johnson
1972 MGB Tourer, Second Owner

JoeReed Avatar
1978 MG MGB "Kermit"
Michael...

How much less would the overseas shipping cost if you ditched the box and just put the pens and refills in a padded envelope?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster