Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

chris Avatar
chris Platinum Member Chris Roop
Pendleton, OR, USA   USA
The news reports that PIR is bringing Indy car racing to Portland over Labor Day weekend. Does anyone know how that is going to affect the ABFM?

Member Services:
Used English car parts.
okephoto Avatar
okephoto Kevin Oke
Duncan, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
Not sure but I'll be there. Have been waiting for Indy Car to come back for years!

Mgb1967.com A restoration & historical journal
Mgb1967.com/mg-resource-directory/ MG Resource Directory

In the family for 49 years, and presently in what is becoming an expensive overhaul!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
bleteaches6 Avatar
bleteaches6 Lee Orphan
Bonney Lake, Washington, USA   USA
That would be fun!

chris Avatar
Pendleton, OR, USA   USA
Not if it cancels the ABFM!

Member Services:
Used English car parts.
Idasix Avatar
Idasix Silver Member Dave - Lauretta Smailes
Washington State, USA   USA
1975 MG MGB "Red Rider"
I just got an email from ABFM Portland. The dates next September are the 7th, 8th, and 9th.

Dave

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
chris Avatar
Pendleton, OR, USA   USA
I just got that same email. This should be interesting, given that a lot of people come from far away because it is Labor Day weekend.

Member Services:
Used English car parts.
29desoto Avatar
29desoto Gold Member Wayne Sanders
Outside Otis, OR - in the woods!, USA   USA
1953 MG TD
1965 MG MGB V6 Conversion "Carmine"
1977 MG MGB "Ole Yeller"
1979 MG MGB "Kermit"    & more
Actually, for those of us who are close to the raceway, the next weekend should be slightly easier.

No holiday crowds, less of a battle for motel rooms, and maybe a bit less traffic. We could hope. It also will allow for folks to celebrate Labor Day at home, and still make the ABFM party.

Sounds good to me!

Wayne Sanders
Rose Lodge, OR
(TD 4288)

"I don't care to belong to any club that accepts people like me"-joined Willamette Valley Club in 2011

77 MGB - Four tone paint -Pertronix - hood props - cheap tires - new springs all around - mixture of poly and rubber bushings- fuzzy seatcovers - stereo out of old F150 pickup -runs flawlessly and drives nice.

78 MGB - Done right by a good PO, and I only bought it. Tell Jim how nice it is. But I did put in a Datsun 5 speed.

53 TD Mark II - a work in progress.

79/65 MGB - Carmine- V-6 - T-5
This car is now very nearly completely done. Sure to find something else, but not now.........

chris Avatar
Pendleton, OR, USA   USA
Those are all good points Wayne. I am still planning to get there on Thursday and live with the homeless people so that we can secure our campsite.

Member Services:
Used English car parts.
29desoto Avatar
29desoto Gold Member Wayne Sanders
Outside Otis, OR - in the woods!, USA   USA
1953 MG TD
1965 MG MGB V6 Conversion "Carmine"
1977 MG MGB "Ole Yeller"
1979 MG MGB "Kermit"    & more
You do that! I'll hold down one of the nearly homeless motels nearby! That ground is too cold and hard for my old bones.

In reply to # 3609223 by chris Those are all good points Wayne. I am still planning to get there on Thursday and live with the homeless people so that we can secure our campsite.

Wayne Sanders
Rose Lodge, OR
(TD 4288)

"I don't care to belong to any club that accepts people like me"-joined Willamette Valley Club in 2011

77 MGB - Four tone paint -Pertronix - hood props - cheap tires - new springs all around - mixture of poly and rubber bushings- fuzzy seatcovers - stereo out of old F150 pickup -runs flawlessly and drives nice.

78 MGB - Done right by a good PO, and I only bought it. Tell Jim how nice it is. But I did put in a Datsun 5 speed.

53 TD Mark II - a work in progress.

79/65 MGB - Carmine- V-6 - T-5
This car is now very nearly completely done. Sure to find something else, but not now.........

chris Avatar
Pendleton, OR, USA   USA
There are hammock tents and cots. But you use the motel if it gets you there.

Member Services:
Used English car parts.
Swamperca Avatar
Swamperca Swamper CA
-, Nor Cal, USA   USA
1968 MG MGC GT "California Chrome"
1969 MG MGB GT "Rat"
1969 MG MGC GT "C-Rod"
1970 MG MGB GT "Widow"    & more
I'll make a note of it on my calendar for next year. It will probably make it easier to travel up there not being on Labor Day weekend.

John Rogers
vicechairman@namgbr.net

chris Avatar
Pendleton, OR, USA   USA
Yes, especially in the Portland area! It will be interesting to see how the show crowd is affected since it will be the weekend right after a holiday, and a short(er) weekend to boot.

Member Services:
Used English car parts.
DB Wood Avatar
DB Wood Gold Member Daniel Wood
Tumalo, OR, USA   USA
1969 MG MGB GT "Clyde"
1970 MG MGB GT
It would be fun to do PIR two weeks in a row. I would love to spend a weekend just watching racing and then another weekend with racing and a car show with friends. I doesn't get much better than that. Would there be camping for the Indy cars?

Dan Wood
70BGT driver, OD, Pertronix, HS4's, Peco, .060 over, Elgin cam, Superlite wheels, poly bushings, panhard rod, rear tube shocks, 1" lowered front end, HD shock valves, etc, etc.
68 MGB rebuilt engine D9 cam balanced, still a work in process but runs real nice.
88 Saab SPG Turbo
86 Vanagon Westy (South African conversion engine 2.0 OHC 135HP)

Lucas= Loose
Unsoldered
Connections
And
Splices

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1979 MG MGB

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links