AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

boggsy64 Avatar
boggsy64 Ken Boggs
Brooksville, Kentucky, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB "Dad's Hand Me Down"
I just wanted to comment that the first few times I tried to work on my dash bits (radio, etc, etc...) I think I permanently harmed my back from all the bending and impossible positions I found myself in! When I disassembled my car and the seats were out, it was so easy to lay on my back in the cockpit and everything was SOOOOO much easier to access.
I'm just advising that if you have to work on your dash, other than very minor work, by all means remove the seats! I personally think that any issues removing and installing the seats, pale compared to the contortionist act!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Billyjoe Avatar
Billyjoe Billy K
Mineral Wells, Texas, USA   USA
I also found lifting the entire car up, putting on Jack stands and blocking under tires also helped.

Billy

course2kid Jeffrey Johnson
Fountain Valley, CA, USA   USA
1979 MG MGB "Lucy (Lucifer)"
x2 Ken!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
pleblanc1206 Avatar
pleblanc1206 Gold Member Pierre Leblanc
Saline, MI, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB GT "The MG"
2013 Scion FR-S
Removing the steering wheel too, especially when working on the gauges and switches.

1974 MGB-GT: black-label overdrive, essentially stock detoxed engine, Schlemmerized distributor.

Fairfield, CA, USA   USA
IMHO, easier to pull the dash. So long as you don't have the danged "Pillow" dash.

1973 Pale Primrose Roadster. A nice 10-footer!
SUs, Datsun 5-speed

MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
Yes I remove the seat too; after all it's only 4 bolts but I need to be careful of the pedals. Of more concern lately is watching out for any tell tales health wise. Read Ernie's recent topic IYI.

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell (with extensive bodywork to come). Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. And a whole lot more to yet to come. Stealth is the word.

Carlosii Charles Roche
Indiana, USA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB
Removing the seat is easy enough...until the captured nut is no longer captured and the bolt keeps turning and turning and turning. So you get out the Dremel and cut the dang thing off and hope for the best down the road. eye rolling smiley

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster