AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Chas69 Avatar
Chas69 Karl Mynyk
Orefield, PA., USA   USA
1972 MG MGB
Can't seem to find the P/N for the 3 items in title. Does anyone have the part numbers? The chrome trim on the door on type without any anchor stud thru the door. It slides on only. Thank in advance. -Karl

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Be Coming Avatar
Be Coming Kelvin Dodd
So. Calif., USA   USA
Hi Karl.

Your request is a bit confusing. But I'll give it a go.

https://mossmotors.com/mgb/body-trim-fittings/external-body-fittings

The RH door chrome molding is 453-451 for OE quality - 453-440 for a more reasonably priced version.
All MGBs originally had a centralized retaining stud for the trim on the door. All the cars had one mechanical fastener for the trim to prevent it from coming loose on the road. On the front of the front fender, rear of rear fender and center of the door.

The fuzzy, inner window wipers are here:

https://mossmotors.com/mgb/doors/door-window-fittings

682-030 Brush Seal, door top. The seals are not handed and need to be trimmed slightly to fit the door chrome fittings.

Chas69 Avatar
Chas69 Karl Mynyk
Orefield, PA., USA   USA
1972 MG MGB
Kelvin, thanks sir.

***All MGBs originally had a centralized retaining stud for the trim on the door

HONEST..there was no retaining stud on the strip. Slides onto the round clips with beveled edge on the strip except on the ends to begin the feeding of the chrome.

Thank for the links!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
"All MGBs originally had a centralized retaining stud for the trim on the door."

Not all. My Mk1 had the screw stud at the rear - could be a CKD thing but I would have thought the Factory pre-drilled the doors?????? Don't remember about my GT as all the door holes have been welded - no waist trim for that car this time.

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell (with extensive bodywork to come). Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. And a whole lot more to yet to come. Stealth is the word.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster