AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
I was going to just mention this in Motorsports but then maybe some of you "regulars" want an added incentive to visit FNQ (aka "effin que" ) & GBR. Maybe I'll have the GT ready!

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell (with extensive bodywork to come). Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. And a whole lot more to yet to come. Stealth is the word.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-12 07:21 AM by MGB567.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
GMB3 Avatar
GMB3 George Badger
Soquel, CA, USA   USA
1965 Jaguar E-Type Coupe "1QUICK E"
1968 MG MGB "1QUICK B"
What a beautiful area to have an event in.

In reply to # 3608585 by MGB567 I was going to just mention this in Motorsports but then maybe some of you "regulars" want an added incentive to visit FNQ (aka "effin que" ) & GBR. Maybe I'll have the GT ready!

---
GEO

kenfifer Avatar
kenfifer Silver Member Ken S
Cairns, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1975 MG MGB "Vera"
The local newspaper, the Cairns Post, has had articles about the Targa Great Barrier Reef over the last couple of days. FNQ has gained the rights to host the event for the next 3 years. We are a very hospitable bunch here in FNQ so I am sure it will be a great event. It starts on 31 August next year which is towards the end of our winter. We only really have two seasons, the wet and the dry. August is well and truly in the dry season, great weather for a drive in a roadster. They are expecting up to 200 cars to tackle the event, the entire course length is 800km. Apparently the roads forming the course will be closed for the event. The event organisers are also looking for volunteers. You can find more details about registering and volunteering on the Targa Australia web site https://targa.com.au

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster