AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

steve78b Avatar
steve78b Gold Member Stephen Brockwell
Elgin, OK, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB "Lilith"
I was able to take the windshield off, disassemble, remove some broken screws, rebuild and re-install my windshield myself.

The bottom seal was hard to get onto the frame until I used about a third of a bottle of mild liquid baby soap. A couple of days of frustration on that piece alone.

The reinstall seemed to be a slow crazy dance with the windshield but everything eventually fit right.

I did use silicon sealant under the seal on the corners like John Twist recommends and everything seems dry now.

I still can't figure how I did that. I ain't no genius.

Steve B

Love my MG. Driving it more now thanks to everyone at MGEXPERIENCE !!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
GMB3 Avatar
GMB3 George Badger
Soquel, CA, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB "1QUICK B"
Do make sure your vent box drain is open. You shouldn't have to cover the vent opening.

In reply to # 3608632 by KPK Thanks Brian. During the rainstorm I did have a magnetic cover over the vent in front of the windshield, so I know it wasn't coming in there. I'll have to do some garden hose research and see where the gaps are.

Your information is very helpful. Thanks so much.

Kevin

---
GEO

mossbackdoug Doug Rowbottom
Avonton, ontario, Canada   CAN
1974 MG MGB
Just did a windshield change and used a lot of baby powder on the lower seal and it went in a lot easier.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
half there Dan Hooper
Wimberley, Texas, USA   USA
"So, the front seal under the windshield and running along the cowl outside can be changed with removing the windshield frame?"

I was referring to the time it takes to replace the seal with the windshield frame out of the car. It was one of the more frustrating procedures removing and installing the frame.

Dan

Donthuis Avatar
Donthuis Don van Riet
Rijswijk, ZH, Netherlands   NLD
Most use liquid soap for household appliances

In reply to # 3608795 by mossbackdoug Just did a windshield change and used a lot of baby powder on the lower seal and it went in a lot easier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-12 03:09 PM by Donthuis.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster