AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

OzDave Avatar
OzDave Dave Barton
London, Ontario, Canada   CAN
G'Day Gents,

Need a little help. Both of my front shocks have been at World Wide for a few weeks now. They called a while back and advised that one of them cannot be rebuilt. Unfortunately, they are out of front shocks at the moment and suggested I may want to look around for an old one to send in. I had a few leads but all have fallen through. Not much hope on Flea Bay or Kijiji either (and some truly outrageous prices).

I'm keen to get my car off the rotisserie and back on its wheels in the next few weeks so I can get him off to the paint shop. Does anyone out there have a old shockie or even two, that they would like to sell at a fair price? If you are in driving range of London, Ontario, I'll rock up and get it with six-pack in hand or if its in the USA, UPS to Port Huron works well (far too much shipping cost once UPS crosses the border).

Cheers,
Dave

PS: Anyone notice the NOS cylinder head I put on BST recently? smiling smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
late 64 Terry O
Milton, Ont, Canada   CAN
which side?

astbury Avatar
astbury Gold Member Mark Astbury
Rye, NY, USA   USA
1966 MG MGB "Megan B"
Front shocks are symmetrical Terry.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
jewar Avatar
jewar Silver Member John Warlimont
Abbotsford, BC, Canada   CAN
Mark Woolf in North Carolina has been getting rid of a lot on the BST . I think he had a bunch of shocks, check him maybe he could send direct to Peter.
I also probably have some, I can check tonight.
John

late 64 Terry O
Milton, Ont, Canada   CAN
thx, was not sure about the fronts, i saw a set on Kijiji but not there now.......... are you going to "british car show" on Sunday..... at Bronte park Burlington , may find a set there........cool smiley

Ahmed Avatar
Ahmed Silver Member Ahmed EL Abasiry
Chestermere, Alberta, Canada   CAN
1958 MG MGA
1972 MG MGB
1979 MG MGB
Not sure if you tried these businesses, but doesn't hurt to give them a shout:
http://usedmgbparts.com/
http://www.drakesbritishmotors.com/
https://obsoleteauto.com/

all national, in Canada

"... the motor car, after woman, is the most fragile and capricious thing on earth." - London Daily Mail 1908

OzDave Avatar
OzDave Dave Barton
Thanks everyone for the information.smiling smiley I'm running down a few of these leads and a couple of others.

hersfelder Juergen Keetz
Cotopaxi, Colorado, USA   USA
1962 MG MGA MkII
1976 MG MGB "Chick Mobil"
Have you found your shock yet? If not I have one, don't know if it is ok, needs rebuilt. Pm me .I am in Colorado. Hessiahouse@yahoo.com

OzDave Avatar
OzDave Dave Barton
In reply to # 3591966 by hersfelder Have you found your shock yet? If not I have one, don't know if it is ok, needs rebuilt. Pm me .I am in Colorado. Hessiahouse@yahoo.com

Thanks Juergen. I got stuck in this morning and made a bit of progress, thanks to advice from the MGE herd and also chasing up one contact I had North of here who parts out British cars. (Chris Hyland see Hyland Parts and Service. And best of all, now looks like World Wide may have some by tomorrow (to be confirmed), so there is light at the end of the shockie tunnel grinning smiley

Again, thanks everyone for pitching in.

jon11 Avatar
jon11 Platinum Member Jon Rosenthall
Maple, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1970 MG MGB MkII "Neville"
2007 BMW 525i "Fritz"
If you cannot get the shocks, I have a couple. I can bring them this Sunday to British Car Day.
Send me PM if you do want them.
Cheers

OzDave Avatar
OzDave Dave Barton
In reply to # 3592026 by jon11 If you cannot get the shocks, I have a couple. I can bring them this Sunday to British Car Day.
Send me PM if you do want them.
Cheers

Hi Jon,

Thanks mate. I am having a lucky morning - World Wide just called and said they found a core they can rebuild for me so my shockie search is now over. Your kind offer is certainly appreciated.

I'm still pondering if I will go down to the British Car Day but if I do, would love to say G'Day. Will PM if I elect to go.

Cheers,
Dave

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster