AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

PaulP Avatar
PaulP Gold Member Paul Peterson
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB
Is anyone else planning to attend the John Twist seminar down at Brooklands British Car on Saturday morning? The focus is on tune-ups, but I put together my list of all-things-MGB questions.

Looking forward to it!

P

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ohlord Avatar
ohlord Gold Member Rob C
North of Seattle, N.W., USA   USA
1957 Land Rover Series I "EYEYIYI"
1971 MG MGB
1971 MG MGB "Bedouin 2"
Wasn't thee tech session at BrLnd last sat.?
Tech Session

Sat, September 9, 10am – 12pm
Where
Brooklands British Car, 8237 S Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA 98499, United

"I'm a long way gone down this wild road I'm on
It's gonna take me where I'm bound
It's a long way around"

"These are the days that must happen to you"

RD2 Radar/ Electronic Warfare Technician
Vietnam 1969-1972

Nicecar Avatar
Nicecar Gary (ex "Harv") G
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
1980 MG MGB "Red On Red On Red"
Just called Brooklands British Car, but no answer.

From Victoria, it would be an expensive shlep down, but I'd be willing to do it to meet John.

This is first I'm hearing about it. Rob's post not clear if it already took place.

If it did, why no mention of it on MGE?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
MGBBob80 Avatar
MGBBob80 Gold Member Bob Finley
Bremerton, Washington, USA   USA
1978 Volkswagen Transporter (Bus) "Buddy"
1980 MG MGB "Magoo"
2005 Harley-Davidson Touring "Big Red"
I'm going. I talked with Matt a month ago or so and received notification via University Motors online that it's on Saturday the 16th. Last I heard, there were 10 people signed up.

Cheers,
Bob Finley

29desoto Avatar
29desoto Gold Member Wayne Sanders
Outside Otis, OR - in the woods!, USA   USA
1953 MG TD
1965 MG MGB V6 Conversion "Carmine"
1977 MG MGB "Ole Yeller"
1979 MG MGB "Kermit"    & more
Wish I could.......but other things.......dern.......

Wayne Sanders
Rose Lodge, OR
(TD 4288)

"I don't care to belong to any club that accepts people like me"-joined Willamette Valley Club in 2011

77 MGB - Four tone paint -Pertronix - hood props - cheap tires - new springs all around - mixture of poly and rubber bushings- fuzzy seatcovers - stereo out of old F150 pickup -runs flawlessly and drives nice.

78 MGB - Done right by a good PO, and I only bought it. Tell Jim how nice it is. But I did put in a Datsun 5 speed.

53 TD Mark II - a work in progress.

79/65 MGB - Carmine- V-6 - T-5
This car is now very nearly completely done. Sure to find something else, but not now.........

lgorg Avatar
lgorg Larry Gorg
Renton, WA, USA   USA
1966 MG MGB "Robbie"
Found out about the John Twist Seminar last night at the MG Eastside meeting in Bellevue. Yes, last Saturday, September 9, was the MG club Tech Session. Was surprised to see that John Twist was going to be in Tacoma this coming Saturday. I believe this is sponsored by Brooklands and not the MG club. Brooklands works on all British cars, but mainly things MG.

Thurlowb Avatar
Thurlowb Silver Member Brad Thurlow
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
I might have made the trip but I have another MG related commitment that day.

Brad

PaulP Avatar
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB
Here's the info from the University Motors email.

MG Tune-up Seminar, Sat, Sep 16, Tacoma, WA. Matt Graham, owner of Brooklands British Car, will host this tune-up seminar. I will present a “Complete Tune-up” throughout the day in addition to answering as many questions as come up. Participants will take away a small pamphlet including tune-up charts for the MGs from 1946-1980  If you have ever wanted to tune your MG correctly, THIS is your opportunity to view the correct sequencing of all the steps. Plus, it’s great MG fellowship! The cost is $100/person for this one-day seminar. The seminar is limited to 25 participants. Matt has ten enthusiasts signed up now: three from Canada; six from around Seattle; and one from the East. Contact Matt directly to sign up: (253) 584-2033 or in WA State only (800) 244-4648 or via email: matt@brooklandsbritish.com. Visit Matt’s website: http://www.brooklandsbritish.com/

Nicecar Avatar
"The cost is $100/person."

Ouch - that might be the deal breaker with ferry cost and all, but if I knew John would put his hands (work actually) on my car; that would be different.

However just thought, that for an extra $5 (that goes to charity), he should put his hands on cars and simply say a blessing.

Curious as to why so late in game this is announced here on MGE.

To the Cannucks going; can I car pool with anyone? I can take my motorcycle and meet east of Vancouver.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-14 12:34 AM by Nicecar.

nzimmers Avatar
nzimmers Gold Member Neal Z
Renton, WA, USA   USA
Hey Paul, I'm thinking about going too - going to give Brooklands a call today to see if they have any open slots

- Neal

nickj Avatar
nickj Gold Member Nick Jenkins
Novato, Marin Co, CA, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB GT
1972 MG MGB
$100 is a bargain compared to the last time JT showed up in the SF area. Brooklands must be covering a lot of the costs. Wish I could go.

bleteaches6 Avatar
bleteaches6 Lee Orphan
Bonney Lake, Washington, USA   USA
Yes there was a tech session last Saturday for the MGCCNWC on preparing your car for winter storage

John Twist's is a totally different tech session this Saturday the 16th. Call Matt at 253-584-2033 if you are interested in attending. The shop is in the Lakewood area. You would take the 84th St exit off I5

PaulP Avatar
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB
In reply to # 3591676 by nzimmers Hey Paul, I'm thinking about going too - going to give Brooklands a call today to see if they have any open slots

- Neal

thumbs upthumbs up

Nicecar Avatar
OKEE DOKEE!

Just spoke with Matt. It seems John is planning on buying a boat to cruise to Alaska (at some point). Victoria would be a natural stop for him.

Just spoke with Mike Owen (MG Guru I've spoken of before) who has British specialty repair shop, and willing to host.

Still undecided for me for tomorrow, and not meaning to hijack thread, but who in Vancouver area or Vancouver Island might be interested?

Before John leaves Tacoma, I'm hoping to speak with him (he's expressed interest in past to me re. Victoria), would be nice to say I have serious interest from a bunch of folks, though I'm willing to bet most folks in local MG club (I don't belong to) have never heard of him or know his stature.

Once again - anyone here I can car pool with?

Nicecar Avatar
14:22:19 Holy crap, I'm driving MG down tomorrow.

Matt (owner) is more than a "gentleman".

Got so much to do to arrange and drive from Canada.

So anyone wanna join me and share costs? Or those leaving Vancouver, can we tandem? I've bragged over and over I'd jump in car and drive 1K miles, now's the test.

Gotta run.

NOT ONLY AM I MEETING JOHN TWIST TOMORROW, HE WILL LAY HANDS ON MY CAR!

So urgent, I don't have smart device, call me: (250) 598-9737.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1980 MG MGB Limited Edition LE

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links