AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Question on solenoid switch
  This topic is about my 1977 MG MGB
Old Salt David Yager
Bushnell, Florida, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB
This solenoid is mounted on top of my brake booster and the wiring appears to go to the transmission. The original carb was replaced with Twin SU's and the air pump removed. I have no idea what it was for or if it should be hooked up with the current carb set up. I would be appreciate for any input.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_20170913_091920_056.jpg    30.5 KB
IMG_20170913_091920_056.jpg

ClayJ Avatar
ClayJ Silver Member Clay Johnston
Mt. Olive, MS, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB
Here's a thread on the TCSA switch, it allows vacuum advance to the dizzy only in 4th gear.

http://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?1,1170961

Old Salt David Yager
Bushnell, Florida, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB
Thanks for the link Clay. Installed hose between the valve and the after carb port and moved the dizzy vacuum line from the vacuum manifold to valve and plugged the manifold port. Checked the timing and was only running at 5 BTC. Reset it to about 11-12 BTC. Shift the trans in and out of 4th gear to ensure the advance was working. RPM increase and decreased during shifting. I hope I am good to go now.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ClayJ Avatar
ClayJ Silver Member Clay Johnston
Mt. Olive, MS, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB
You often find these disabled due to a) valve malfunction, b) trans switch malfunction, c) PO thinking it's improving something or d) PO was chasing a gremlin.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster