Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

j46222 jeff n
indianapolis, USA   USA
1976 MG MGB
I come to the conclusion that my Mg is possessed by a demon. I cleaned up a hazard flasher unit of corrosion. Plugged it in. I noticed the Left turn signal blinking on the dash and right front turn signal blinking. Nothing was flashing in the back and the left front signal was not blinking.

My high beam which never worked was on. It works with the turn signal arm. This has never worked before.

Anyone got any ideas what's going on. Now, I can't possibly be hooking up wires wrong. My dog can match colors and connect them. He is color blind.
What really bothers me is that I have no idea what I did to get the high beam working or one light working for the hazard.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Maybe I need to hire a priest to perform an exorcism on my car. Thank you for any assistance.

Jeff

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
lgorg Avatar
lgorg Larry Gorg
Renton, WA, USA   USA
1966 MG MGB "Robbie"
About all I can help you with, is give you the Autowire Electrical Diagrams for MGB. I think you want diagram 22 or 23, which are for a 76 B. One is for no cat converter installed, the other is for no cat converter installed.

Actually, it makes no sense that the Left turn signal blinking on the dash and right front turn signal blinking unless you put the wiring together incorrectly. According to the diagram, all turn signals use the red wire. The front are on one circuit, and the rear are on another circuit.

As for the high beam, that, I think is part of the stalk. You could have giggled something and it now makes contact.

Someone that has the same year as you, should be along to help you out.

jjonns74 Avatar
jjonns74 Gold Member John Dailey
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB "Athena"
1974 MG MGB "Apollo"
In reply to # 3591076 by lgorg About all I can help you with, is give you the Autowire Electrical Diagrams for MGB. I think you want diagram 22 or 23, which are for a 76 B. One is for no cat converter installed, the other is for no cat converter installed.

Actually, it makes no sense that the Left turn signal blinking on the dash and right front turn signal blinking unless you put the wiring together incorrectly. According to the diagram, all turn signals use the red wire. The front are on one circuit, and the rear are on another circuit.
Actually, the top fuse in the block is for Left side - Front & Back. Next one down is for Right side - F & B.

As for the high beam, that, I think is part of the stalk. You could have giggled something and it now makes contact.

Someone that has the same year as you, should be along to help you out.

Jeff,

The other day, I sent you a PM with my cell #.

John

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
lgorg Avatar
lgorg Larry Gorg
Renton, WA, USA   USA
1966 MG MGB "Robbie"
Jeff,
The two pages that are attached are from Rick Astley's MGB Electrical Systems book. The page with the diagram is upside down. My scanner tells me that if I want to rotate it, I must use additional software which I may or may not have. The hinges on my scanner prevents me from scanning it right side up as the book spine is stiff. Please print that page and you will be able to it see correctly.

If you do not have this book, I highly recommend adding it to your library. Also, sometimes the wiring and or the switch itself on the stalk goes bad. About all I can do, is give you what I know, which is not much. Good luck!

Attachments:
Astley_127.pdf    829.3 KB

Astley_128.pdf    963.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster